Builds ROTW II - 619TOY - 1997 Lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great rig! I love the clean, finished look. Well done.

Sweet ride! wow man, super nice.

Quick question, why'd you leave the ARB for the short bus? If you covered this in a prior thread just let me know and I'll look it up.

Later,
Brad

your LX turned out great,
what's your ride hight with the Slee lift from middle of the hub to fender flares?

also, the drawers are some of the best ones I've seen. I really like them.

Wow. I hope you dont mind but I plan on using many features of your truck as a template for mine. Nice work.

Karl

Steve,

Your rig looks pretty dang good! (Good thing you haven't seen mine.:doh::frown::D)

Keep up the good work!

Mot :)

WOW, your Cruiser is definatly Zombie proof!:flipoff2:

i see that i have a long way to go, thanks for the inspiration

Steve,
Nice write up. I'm gonna try and stick my Uniden 520 in the ashtray spot before CM08. Thanks for your help on my projects as well. It's help like that that makes Mud what it is. Hopefully, one day we'll get a chance to meet up. Until then...

...keep up the great work!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Nick

My pinion angle is exactly 90 degrees (unloaded, on level ground)

I am running the Slee arms. I believe they are the current ones, the non-do-it-yourself ones.

It looks as if there is about 7/8" of thread showing and there is definately alot more room if you needed it.

good to know on the control arm extension thanks.

my limited and I do mean limited understanding on rear CV DS's has led me to believe that the alignment should be | at the transfer and / at the rear pinion. yours has given you no problems, clicking, or other noise?

just curious and trying to expand my own understanding.............

Quick question, why'd you leave the ARB for the short bus?

I have found myself taking more agressive lines as time goes by and more often than not, the ARB was my limiting factor (for getting a tire up on something)

what's your ride hight with the Slee lift from middle of the hub to fender flares?

I know my rig has both been loaded down as well as settled quite a bit. Right now I am at about 25 1/4" in the rear and 25 1/2" in the front

my limited and I do mean limited understanding on rear CV DS's has led me to believe that the alignment should be | at the transfer and / at the rear pinion. yours has given you no problems, clicking, or other noise?

I had a guy that builds driveshafts tell me to basicall point the pinion directly at the transfer output so that's what I did. I don't have any side effects and overall the drivetrain feels much smoother. I still want to remove my front shaft temporarily and see how much of the vibrations I still have are due to the front vs. rear shafts.

nice looking truck!!! front and rear bumpers look like such a good match :cheers:

One of the cleanest modified 80's I have seen! Excellent work.

Steve,

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Your attention to detail is incredible. You have there one of the nicest 80s I've ever seen. And every now and again, I get to see it in person :p

Best of luck with the build process. :clap:

Mod number 642

I've been wanting to do this for a while and finally pulled it off. I was undecided on the location; my choices were here or the backside of the gas can support. Here's what I opted for; what do you think?
4-08 (Small).jpg

Very nice rig!

I've been wanting to do this for a while and finally pulled it off. I was undecided on the location; my choices were here or the backside of the gas can support. Here's what I opted for; what do you think?

That was good for another 15 horsepower!

I've always enjoyed your write-ups. Nice attention to detail as usual. I hope mine is as half as clean as yours is when it's rolling again.

WOW:eek:!! Nicely done. Not to sound a little :princess: but love your drawers. When my cruiser grows up I want it to be just like yours.:clap:

Very nice Steve! I can't believe that I almost missed it. She sure has come a long way since Anza over a year ago. Very nice. Everything that you do to her is first class!

Smit

This reminds me I need to mount my Land Cruiser bottle opener that I got from Cruiser Crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom