Builds ROTW - Box Rocket's '93 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I about cried when I saw the pic of the Money Pit. :(

Meg and I would love to get back on the trial again sometime, LMK time etc!!!

great family, great fun!

I'm trying to get my wife excited for this kind of stuff again. I started with mini, then my 40, and now we're building up a 92' 80 almost the same as yours. The pics make me miss the canyons in Utah.

Thanks for sharing:popcorn:

Awesome write up Tolman. Adam's always impressed me in that he wheels his junk and doesn't rely on mods to make up for skill. He's taken his unlocked 80 a lot of places and has done better than a lot of people that have lockers. He's also wheeled it pretty hard before he had the sliders and was just careful about his lines and has survived without damage.

Me, I have to have 3 lockers and a supercharger to be cool . . . . :flipoff2:

Awesome write up Tolman. Adam's always impressed me in that he wheels his junk and doesn't rely on mods to make up for skill. He's taken his unlocked 80 a lot of places and has done better than a lot of people that have lockers. He's also wheeled it pretty hard before he had the sliders and was just careful about his lines and has survived without damage.

Me, I have to have 3 lockers and a supercharger to be cool . . . . :flipoff2:

Awww, how sweet! Thanks Cory. I'll get you your $5 friendship fee when you get back in town.:D

Very nice truck! I also have a '93. Mine's white and silver. I have not done any real mod's to it, but have plans to get busy over the course of the next year. One question...did you install the CDL switch, or was it on the truck when you bought it. The reason I ask, is that I was under the impression that the '93 CDL switch was one of the rectangular switches that is installed on the lower row next to the rear heater switch. That's the one that's pictured on Slee's website, but when I went to the local Toyota Dealer, they only showed the one like you have. Just curious.

Again, very nice truck.

Very nice truck! I also have a '93. Mine's white and silver. I have not done any real mod's to it, but have plans to get busy over the course of the next year. One question...did you install the CDL switch, or was it on the truck when you bought it. The reason I ask, is that I was under the impression that the '93 CDL switch was one of the rectangular switches that is installed on the lower row next to the rear heater switch. That's the one that's pictured on Slee's website, but when I went to the local Toyota Dealer, they only showed the one like you have. Just curious.

Again, very nice truck.

93/94 use the same switch as 91/92 and they are the 1/4 moon switch in the upper dash. 95-97s use the small switch. Although I have seen a 93 with the small rectangular switch but it wasn't plug and play.

Adam,

I wish my 80 looked that nice. Instead I don't wheel with finesse and have banged mine up a bit.

Thanks for the information ginericfj80. Now I can order the switch from Toyota or buy it from Slee without tearing my dash apart twice...

I like this tread Adam!

But, as a norwegian I wonder why you got so many sticers with the N and the norwegian flag on your nice 80?

I have try to find some informations about eny trips or eny another conections, but I can`t find it.
A nice family you got there too, whit a woman who is a real hardcore 4x4 enyoyer.
:steer:
:cheers: Ole, with a nice rusty 92 HDJ80

It's the first switch under the left vent. CDL switch
downsized_1109001307a.jpg

So I have been tossing around ideas for paint on my LX for a few months now, and I think this thread with it's set of pics has been the deciding factor. I always liked Adams rig when I saw his pics on Expo, but seeing as mine will be very similar when finished, this is a great color demo. I also love white trucks, and it is the easiest by far for me to spray and touch up. Thanks for the inspiration! Great looking rig! Hopefully it will be warm/dry enough to make the white fly soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom