ROTM: project 87 ( under construction) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

more pics
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 007.jpg

Half Doors

First things first, research and choose the style half door you want to build. There are so many options out there, you are bound to like one of them. Make a stencil on the door itself of all the metal you are cutting away. Be Careful while you are cutting, you can reuse most of the scrap. The tools you will need are a 10 mm socket, a phillip screwdriver, panel tool, your choice of cutting tool( I use a 90 degree cutting wheel). Completely disassemble the door, removing the window crank, pull handle, door handle, and then panel. Then remove the retaining clip from the window crank. Roll window down until you can access both 10mm bolts on the regulator. The glass should slide out through the window opening easily. Remove the five bolts holding the regulator in, and remove the regulator. Remove the window run channel from the window opening. There will be a small Philips screw holding the front run channel in place. Once all is removed, you can start cutting the sheet metal following your markings. Once you have completely cut out all sheet metal to your liking, the outer sheet metal you cut you can reuse to fill the cut out area. Double check your fillers and Tack weld into place spreading the welds about 5in apart and slowly filling in the gaps. once you have it welded you can place the interior panel back onto the door and mark the area to cut out w/ a sharpie, the panel will have a clip strip across the top cut it off. Use a utility blade to score the backing being careful not to cut the vinyl, remove the backing and cut about two inches from the cut you just made on the backing, fold it over the backing and tape it. You my need to use tech screws to secure the center of the panel to the door or anywhere you may have broken a push clip. Use filler to clean up the weled areas, sand smooth and paint to your choice of color. Good Luck:cheers:
Picture 009.jpg
Picture 010.jpg
Picture 012.jpg

I think the doors look pretty good, just got to finish painting to match the truck. Also got some longfields ordered so I can finish the front axle rebuild should have done that the first time!!!!!:bang:
img_0467.jpg
img_0469.jpg

LONGFIELD axles arrived today, Any one build there own rear fourlink? I would like to just need some ideas! shocks, springs, linktabs used, coilover or coil spring. ect.:cheers:
100_1365.jpg
100_1367.jpg

Time for the truck to get a real dash back in it!:bounce2: The PO tore out the old dash to find a short and he broke the dang thing trying to put it back together, so he just made his own. I had enough of all that rattle so this is going in today.
100_1325.jpg
img_0166.jpg

Time to lift the rearend finally:clap: gonna do the chevy swap, started with some tubing to make my own hangers, ordered some shakles from ballistic fab and shocks from TG.
img_0525.jpg
img_0522.jpg
img_0511.jpg

Had to clearance the fenders for the 37's a little more and beat the firewall pinch weld back. Cut out about 2"
101_4746.jpg
101_4747.jpg
101_4748.jpg

Had a club member weld the home brew spring hangers on this morn. and I'm cleaning up the frame of unneeded scrap iron.:D

My daughter's first toyota:cool:
101_4751.jpg
101_4752.jpg
101_4755.jpg

got the Chev's hung today. with new shackles, not sure about the angle maybe gonna do the dual setup?
img_0660.jpg
img_0666.jpg
img_0653.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom