Roscoe: the 60 series journey begins... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh man, I used to live in that guy's neighborhood. I always coveted that truck.

image.jpg
FAB586C0-B08B-477C-92C9-2B8949CFFB0C.jpeg
44BF1FD4-F812-49D1-A857-F38F677745DF.jpeg
8045F315-95B6-463C-B8DF-9446A87ABA51.jpeg
25C74796-36C3-4ED6-8739-E4417E5891C7.jpeg
Had a couple of ammo cans lying around, and since I’m too cheap to buy a center console just yet, I fashioned one using the ammo cans. Turned out pretty nice, yielding a storage/cup holder for rear passengers and a good size storage compartment for the main. Now gonna get a cupholder set for the front and I’ll be in business. The center console has plenty of space for a CB mount inside as well...

The P.O. left a large ammo can in the back cargo for tools, jack, etc... so I thought I would continue the theme...

906DDB7E-9519-4FC2-B4D2-DC93D870A9A0.jpeg
969254A4-18C1-454D-A359-23B5770A918D.jpeg
CECF5585-5ACB-4BB3-A463-A4749B8A0E7A.jpeg
Roscoe got some new shoes today, and I ended up keeping the old wheels, just painted them a gun metal gray.

Went with the new KM3 in a 33x10.5x15

The tires are pretty darn quiet on the road. Ready for the bush!

Yeah, I think I need some retro stripes on my next paint job.

One day at a time with an older cruiser! I picked up some original 60 wheels, and since the chrome wasnt in the greatest of shape, I painted them graphite like the wider wheels that I had on there (From the PO). ARB bumper just came in also, can't wait to get it installed this weekend!

cHB042SwQ5mocdLWGPkmLw.jpg
yUeA+vqVR+e07RpZGbvvVg.jpg

What was wrong with the OEM chromes? Looking at them they seem like they were in pretty good shape with little to no rust around the edges/seams.

@gregnash I didn’t show a close up of the wheels, but 3 of the 4 had some pretty strong rusty seams, which left them looking a bit rough. I’m not a perfectionist, but the paint seemed to bring ‘em back to life.

This is a great looking truck. My opinion for your wheel choice is to try some white wagon wheels. They would really fit the 80s theme and are usually readily available in 15" sizes.

Last edited:
@gregnash I didn’t show a close up of the wheels, but 3 of the 4 had some pretty strong rusty seams, which left them looking a bit rough. I’m not a perfectionist, but the paint seemed to bring ‘em back to life.
Nice... I like the look of the graphite you used. Still looks quite stock. My chrome has some bad spots but nothing that I don't mind scrubbing out every quarter or so and polishing the chrome.

Update, got the ARB front bumper installed, thanks to @zprovo help! Zack is a great guy, and always good to meet other cruiser folks! It was a nice day in Nashville for a bumper install. Other than the typical irregularities between the frame and bumper tolerances, we got it on in about an hour.

pics...

HksE9QDVSAOlqbcbtF8rDQ.jpg
wVPInQ97RLim8WhtI%MEdQ.jpg
Fre%a3ffRY2WdEQz50UyCw.jpg
QTJb9heQTt2iU3rErl9OOg.jpg

Had to finish it out with the Aussie license plate I got from @landcruiserjunky

Next up on the list: OEM rear shoulder belts, White Knuckle sliders (coming next week), and rear Aussie locker. That's all I can get done before Santa comes to town, LOL

And yes, my driveway needs some leaf maintenance, LOL. Cruisers first, home maintenance second!

Looks great!

Update, got the ARB front bumper installed, thanks to @zprovo help! Zack is a great guy, and always good to meet other cruiser folks! It was a nice day in Nashville for a bumper install. Other than the typical irregularities between the frame and bumper tolerances, we got it on in about an hour.

pics...

View attachment 1803141 View attachment 1803143 View attachment 1803144 View attachment 1803146

Had to finish it out with the Aussie license plate I got from @landcruiserjunky

Next up on the list: OEM rear shoulder belts, White Knuckle sliders (coming next week), and rear Aussie locker. That's all I can get done before Santa comes to town, LOL

Looking good!

Nice looking truck! I love the graphics! Were you the guy looking to turn an 80 into a 60?

I've got a set of (5) stock 60 wheels with good chrome up in Louisville I'd part with if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer, but I’m going to keep these wheels for now... yeah, I ended up selling my 80 for this 60, and long term would be awesome to put it on an 80 frame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom