Roof Painting (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RUSH55

SILVER Star
Threads
Had a full weekend of prepping and priming the roof of FLYXNYT, and quickly came to the realization that it’s extremely difficult to reach the center and achieve adequate coverage from a ladder. When I epoxy primed and primer/seal coated it the first time, it was on the rotisserie. The patience level declined and I had to get it on the frame to consolidate the two spaces the project was taking up in the driveway.
I’m currently brainstorming a solution to make the final paint coats on the roof as even as possible, but before I commit to another project for the project, maybe some of you who have been down this road have some insight or solutions you came up with to handle this part of the job?

998D1ADA-0B69-4487-9D73-4DC98358AB73.jpeg

Last edited:
My son took this pic as I sprayed the the roof - only way I was able to accomplish getting even coats was to build a wooden scaffold that attached to the front of the garage. As I completed a pass, I shouted "foward" and my son (12 years old at the time) eased off of the brake moving the truck forward about 3 ft at which time I shouted "Brakes".
It worked out very well as we got a lot of practice in with the primer first...
IMG_20170607_144107068_HDR.jpg

I hired an old guy who fell off the ladder while painting mine. Now I feel worse about him trying to paint the roof and feel better having a semi crappy job done now knowing everyone has a problem painting the roof. I love Sexy's idea, simple build and it works.

My son took this pic as I sprayed the the roof - only way I was able to accomplish getting even coats was to build a wooden scaffold that attached to the front of the garage. As I completed a pass, I shouted "foward" and my son (12 years old at the time) eased off of the brake moving the truck forward about 3 ft at which time I shouted "Brakes".
It worked out very well as we got a lot of practice in with the primer first...
View attachment 3370418

This is so awesome lol

I’m no help, my pattern on the roof of my 510 wagon was horrible (no ladder)

Yeah the scafffolding thing might work, or you borrow a crane from work and have someone swing you over… :lol:

FRONTRUNNER!!!☝🏼

I do have a harness! Maybe a sling I can put my feet in so I can stay horizontal🤔😃👍🏼
I shouldn’t admit this but I’ve been swung by my safety harness before, can you imagine doing that these days on a job site 😱

Honestly it wouldn’t take much to get one good pass up the middle…we will need pics or video though!!

FRONTRUNNER!!!☝🏼

I do have a harness! Maybe a sling I can put my feet in so I can stay horizontal🤔😃👍🏼
I'll buy a ticket to come watch!

Find someone with a forklift

I just used a ladder but I did use a pressure pot and that does make it a bit easier not having the weight of a quart of paint when your arm is extended all the way out.
where do you get quart rattle cans? 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom