Builds Romer's 200 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Dan, missed that one. BTW, what am I looking at regarding the center caps? I may have found a set of TRD wheels.

I do not recall the exact cost but they are quite reasonable.

Thank You Dan and Romer. This saves a guy a lot of $$.

I got my center caps for $50 on ebay shipped. Bought the TPMS and lug nuts from Cdan

Installed the IBS Dual Battery setup I had in my 100 with a 200 series Slee 2nd tray. I was trying to decide were to put the Blue Sea Fuse holder and I didn't see why I just couldn't velcro it on top of the battery. I haven't decided if I like that. I may just get rid of the fuse box and use three in line fuses to the positive post on the 2nd battery. I will go in and clean up the wiring, I just wanted to get it installed. I essentially lifted the whole thing without disconnecting more than I had to from the 100 series and laid it in the 200 so some shorter wires and optimization can be done while I clean that up
1.JPG

Sat in the cab for a while trying to decide where to put the control box. I ended up taking some adhesive and putting the bracket down on the right side of the console

2.JPG

Next I wired in my CB. I took the under side dash cover down from the passenger side and mounted the speaker there tucked up out of the way. I put the main unit behind the carpet laying against the metal on the tranny hump. Just need to take care of the mike setup. I may put a mic holder on the passenger side just below and back a bit from the batt controller on the side of the console rather than the top, still thinking about it. Can't really use it till I get the rear ARB bumper installed at Slee's in a week and can put the antenna on. I wanted to get all the wiring done at one time. I laid the antenna cable last week when I was running the Ham wires from the back to the front

3.JPG

Aww the beauty of a built truck. I ended up going with the OME standard lift because the BP-51's wouldn't be available for a couple of months. The standard lift did fine for me on my 100

Edit - Here are the part numbers for the lift
OME 2723 - REAR COIL - 3/4" Lift - 440lbs
OME 61029 NITROCHARGER SPORT SHOCK - REAR
N91005-S 91005 OME Nitrocharger Sport - Strut - FRONT
OME 2703 - FRONT COIL - Medium 2" Lift -
OME 661 -Rear Shock Guard
SPC-25465 SPC Adjustable Upper Control Arms - 08+ Land Cruiser - Pair

DSC00892.jpg
DSC00893.jpg
DSC00895.jpg
DSC00896.jpg

Note the rear license plate holder is for aussies so I had to drill a hole

Last edited:
the Twin compressor will be nice airing my tires up. Here is a thread I did a review of several setups

DSC00901.jpg

80's locker switch

DSC00903.jpg
DSC00906.jpg

ARB Skid Plates
DSC00897.jpg

new upper control arms and lift
DSC00899.jpg

Nice.

Just a couple of small items and another build ready for entry into the gallery
Ken Done.JPG

Toys2.JPG

Last edited:
Wow! You went all in... Looks awesome!

Great! Shortest build elapsed time ever!

Thanks, I went into this wanting to build it like my 100. I did the same thing on my 100, built it like my 80. I really like the Red and Black color scheme

Thanks, I went into this wanting to build it like my 100. I did the same thing on my 100, built it like my 80. I really like the Red and Black color scheme

San Diego State Aztecs salute you! (Red & Black Attack) ;)

aztecs-unis1a.jpg

nice job - go get it dirty

I installed the Hi- Lift Jack and CB radio today

Ran a bolt through the back of the ARB Drawers and its nice and tight. Going to follow the suggestion to get a neoprene cover for the jack
4.jpg

5.jpg

I installed my Cobra CB. I mounted the speaker to the under dash cover below the Glove Box
b.jpg

c.jpg

I used a trucker mirror arm CM Antenna mount on my ARB tire carrier. Had to shave the curved edge to flat so wouldnt dent the rear gate when closing the ARB

d.jpg

It looks like you offset the winch controller so as not to interfere with the front camera and DRCC. Any issues with interference with them, or with the spare tire blocking the rear camera?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom