Builds Romer's 200 Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice 200 series LC! I like the color too. Congrats!

Romer, these are different from the Rock Warriors, correct? I'm shopping replacements for my 20" LX wheels and that price point is tempting.

Just for my own clarity, I know the Rock Warriors are forged, but are the TRD's above and the OEM LC and LX wheels forged or cast?

They are different from the rock warriors which are 17" I don't know if they are forged or cast

It's quite difficult to find forged wheels below 1k ea in anything close to our fitment (much less 17"). OEM economies of scale overcame this for a short while. This is why RW are so popular :)

I'm looking forward to seeing these different wheels on your truck.

I am going to get them powdercoated black and ordered a set of the TRD PRO caps with the RED TRD letters

So essentially, I will have the TRD Pro Rims for half the cost. By the end of next week before I get them on the truck. Pics to come or it didn't happen :D

I had the opportunity to pick up a set of 5 of those for $600, but the wife thought that they were too "angular". I looked at her and said, "what do you mean? They're round..."

I am going to get them powdercoated black and ordered a set of the TRD PRO caps with the RED TRD letters

So essentially, I will have the TRD Pro Rims for half the cost. By the end of next week before I get them on the truck. Pics to come or it didn't happen :D

You should be able to buy them black already. Also, those don't gain you anything in terms of offset to get better tire clearance.

The published list price on the TRD Pro wheel is $541.33 a copy.

That is an average Toyota OEM aluminum wheel price.

You should be able to buy them black already. Also, those don't gain you anything in terms of offset to get better tire clearance.

I talked to Dan about buying them black already. These are pretty much the same rim for half less than half the price. I do need to save my money so I can pay you :D

I know paint doesn't add offset or increase clearance. I like the color black and I am sure the Toyota RIMs will give me more than 4 turns on the lug nuts, the main reason I went to them

Real pleased as to how they came out and the TRD Caps fit perfectly. They will look better when they go on the truck tomorrow

Saved a ton of money going this route instead of buying the TRD Pro wheels and looks exactly the same to me.

RIM.jpg

Yup, they do look better on the truck

r1.JPG
r2.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great. Time to get a little boost up.

Looks great. Time to get a little boost up.

If you look in Webster's dictionary, there is a new word "Slee'd" That is next on the plate. It has a date at the Slee Spa for Lockers, Front and Rear Bumpers, Lift, skid plates and sliders.

Nice. I forecast a rough time for your billfold coming up......:grinpimp:

882C6567-A1AF-46C0-9014-DC2CD0A36432.png_zpsywboxjg6.JPEG Looking good! Those look a lot like the 2016 TRD Pro wheels. Hoping to get a set when they become available.

Last edited:
Here is the TRD Pro Wheel
Capture.JPG

Here is what I did buying used Tundra RIMs, powder coating them black and buying the TRD Pro center caps
r2.JPG
RIM.jpg

If there are differences, they are so small I can't see them

Are those TRD Pro wheels available yet? Great job. I can't tell the difference. If not available, I will just do what you did. They look much better powder coated! I did the same thing with a 3rd Gen 4Runner wheel and put them on my Tacoma. May start perusing CL. I have a good paint guy I can count on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom