RLCA skids (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Skid covers for the RLCAs 100 and 200 series.

Made from 3/16" HSLA steel
Laser cut and CNC bent.
Bolt on or weld on

100 kit includes M14 grade 10.9 bolt, drill bit and thread cutting bolts 82.00 shipped
200 kit includes drill bit and thread cutting bolts (bolt can be re-used for the 200) 78.00 shipped

Jason

100 SKID
IMG_20170330_154650460.jpg
IMG_20170330_154625432.jpg
IMG_20170330_154645980.jpg

200 SKID
IMG_20170331_113233819.jpg
IMG_20170331_113301299.jpg

Hey there -- I received the RLCA skids and recovery points for the 200 (both look great, btw) and just have a quick installation question.

In order to remove the bolt, do I need to prepare the suspension by loosening the KDSS bolts, jack up the rear, etc.?

Hey there -- I received the RLCA skids and recovery points for the 200 (both look great, btw) and just have a quick installation question.

In order to remove the bolt, do I need to prepare the suspension by loosening the KDSS bolts, jack up the rear, etc.?

Just pull the bolt, slide skid into place and reinstall bolt. No need to mess with the KDSS or lift the vehicle at all.

J

Thanks for the fast shipment of my 200 RLCA Skids! Two quick questions: First - what is the recommended torque for the OEM RLCA bolt as well as the two thread cutting bolts? Second - it appears there is a right/left version based on the tapered cut as shown in the attached (two photos with each skid swapped for comparison). I assume it'll be obvious to determine which one goes where, but I thought I'd ask before I start to disassemble. Thanks again!

IMG_20170530_171529.jpg

IMG_20170530_171538.jpg

Thanks for the fast shipment of my 200 RLCA Skids! Two quick questions: First - what is the recommended torque for the OEM RLCA bolt as well as the two thread cutting bolts? Second - it appears there is a right/left version based on the tapered cut as shown in the attached (two photos with each skid swapped for comparison). I assume it'll be obvious to determine which one goes where, but I thought I'd ask before I start to disassemble. Thanks again!

View attachment 1469893

View attachment 1469894

IIRC the M14 bolt is 80ft#, but double check this with the FSM. The thread cutting bolts are 30-40 ft# per mfg (pending frame condition)

Yes, there is a left and right. The frame is pitched or angled slightly. You'll know when you hold it up to the frame.

Also do ONE AT A TIME... DON'T DROP BOTH ARMS AT THE SAME TIME.

J

Also, they're expensive, but I used a Milwaukee cordless impact on the lower setting to tighten mine. I hammered it in then gave it the ol' hand finish (insert joke). It made it super easy. A decent quality cordless impact is the my favorite power tool in my arsenal.

Yes, I have the 80 series prototype made and just need to get them installed and then off to the laser cutter for production.

J

I know you're in the process of moving, will these available in the next few months?

@reevesci would either of these work for the 120 platform ? I watched two of my buddies absolutely sand their RLCA's earlier this year on the trip to Moab. They were dragging them over damn near every decent obstacle.

M,

4R, 100 and 200s are all beat to hell on the RLCA frame fronts I've looked at. Even guys that don't wheel hard. So, it would make sense the 120/gx470 is as well.

The 100 or 200 skids won't fit. I have the 80 skid drawn up, just haven't had enough interest to produce them. Maybe when I get everything set up in Redding and I can make them in-house I'll run a small batch for the 80 and GX/120/4R.

J

M,

HA! Well the GX/120 is a couple vehicles back now.. I'll keep you posted.

J

Not in any hurry. The next great overland adventure isn't until next spring. Until then we will just be careful how much jackassing we do ! Always look forward to seeing your work though. Enjoy your week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom