REPLICA GEAR SHIFT KNOBS (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The lacquer thinner actually removed the white from the white look of the laser etching on the aluminum... at least that's what I think happened. In any case, it made the patterns look more aluminum like and with the clear coat it is just gorgeous man. I absolutely love the feel of the solid billet over the plastic-coated rubber OEM part.

That's very interesting as the laser only dyes out the black pigment, thus leaving it white. Therefore as it is pourous it wil collect the dirt from your hands. Noticing this you cleaned(wiped) it down with liquor thinner which cleaned the dirt but left a silvery/ aluminum type finish without effecting the black numbers!!?? I don't know what happens, but the end result is awesome.

Have you tried using PCB etchant to etch the shift pattern on the knob?

I learned this from knife building and customizing. I'm not sure it'll work with aluminum and anodizing but it might give a somewhat cool finish? I don't know.

I don't have a 40/60 but those retro shift knobs would look pretty damn cool in newer LC's, kind of like heritage. Specially if you can make a matching set of 5 speed + twin sticks (H-N-L and 2WD-4WD)

Got my 5 speed shifter knob installed.
Shot it with Imron clear coat. I need to polish it a bit more!

Thanks!!!

These knobs are awesome!
IMG_4941.JPG

Here’s what we have left from the order. Several transfercase knobs that can still be lasered. A couple 4spd knobs , and two specials that someone asked for yet never bought. Any of the blank ones can be later with anything someone wants. I should say we can have them done by another company( they usually cut us a pretty good deal as we tradeoit some labor, seems they charged us somewhere around$30.00 to complete a special design).
So here’s what left frombthe last member order. As most know we have done a number of LC parts just for members here. We don’t offer anything outside these forum. We have some more pictures under photos on Jefferson State Machining /Facebook.

Reactions: SMG
Here’s what we have left from the order. Several transfercase knobs that can still be lasered. A couple 4spd knobs , and two specials that someone asked for yet never bought. Any of the blank ones can be later with anything someone wants. I should say we can have them done by another company( they usually cut us a pretty good deal as we tradeoit some labor, seems they charged us somewhere around$30.00 to complete a special design).
So here’s what left frombthe last member order. As most know we have done a number of LC parts just for members here. We don’t offer anything outside these forum. We have some more pictures under photos on Jefferson State Machining /Facebook.
Ok, put me down for a Toyota 5 speed shift pattern next go around.
Thanks for an awesome product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom