Builds Red Dragon - HJ61 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice Oldtoy74 :cool:

(While I let a the 74 go, it didn't last long lol... I just had to have another 74)

feel kinda bad about your idea to dish the PTO .. got your reasons, but dude .. those are pretty awesome ( PTO winches ) and just a few privileged in the world have chance to have it factory in your Cruiser ..

They are totally awesome, I loved mine on my HJ61. But you can't cut a Pontiac Grand Am in half with one, we tried.

Here's a photo, post-attempt. The shear pin busted on my HJ61 so we tried a BJ70. The cable got stuck so Kurt had to take action and cut it free with a sawzall.

IMG_2609.JPG

Here's a photo, post-attempt. The shear pin busted on my HJ61 so we tried a BJ70. The cable got stuck so Kurt had to take action and cut it free with a sawzall.

View attachment 1214901

Wow, I haven't seen a that picture. There you have it, PTO won't cut a Pomtiac in two :D

Sweet HJ61, Kurt!

In what I consider a moment of weakness, I agreed to sell my favorite BJ74, Righty. It wasn't the most pristine specimen and it certainly wasn't built up or ready for adventure but it was just fun to Cruise around in and always turned heads. Steve and discussed listing it and if found a new home, admittedly one that is taking off-road thus it really is seeing a better life.

Righty, your favorite BJ74, may not be pristine but it most certainly is ready for adventure! Here's a pic from this weekend.

adventure.jpg

More pics and a few other updates in this thread. Thread diversion/hijack complete.

More progress pics of the new lights in the rear bumper

IMG_6661 (Small).JPG

IMG_6662 (Small).JPG

IMG_6659 (Small).JPG

Now really torn on dropping it off to powder-coat or adding some flush mount reverse lights? These combo lights have some decent reverse light in them, plus a little light from the OE tailights which I can beef up with a high output bulb. More needed? Decisions decisions...

I'm not a fan of upgraded reverse lights. They can create a hazard for other motorists if they are too bright or aimed too high. I prefer switchable work lights, that way you only have them on when actually required.

Enjoying your thread and looking forward to more!

Sorry, I should have clarified. Any aux reverse lights will be on their own switch. I think I have decided to pass on flush mounts. I can always add something higher on the bumper which offers better visibility at camp, etc.

Are you thinking of a roof rack? Maybe mounting off rear corners of rack

Are you thinking of a roof rack? Maybe mounting off rear corners of rack

I'm up in the air (pun intended) on the rack as the high roof 61 already sits so tall. Tbd

I'm absolutely positive you've thought about this but is there a way you could bring that rear bumper light up a bit taller and get some weatherstrip around it?

Cool 61 by the way.

Love the red dragon. I didn't catch the details on those rear lights I am working on a rear bumper too and need to get something to light the rear end up!

Kurt,

You might want to check with Steve but I think the Red Dragon and Stoffel were brought over at the same time. If so that is one hell of a "Cruiser Draft" for Land Cruisers Direct!! Lol

I'm absolutely positive you've thought about this but is there a way you could bring that rear bumper light up a bit taller and get some weatherstrip around it?

Cool 61 by the way.

The combo tailight? I wanted them to be recessed so they are protected. There are surface mount options that don't leave the gaps but I like the way they look on Kaymar and others.

Thanks!

Love the red dragon. I didn't catch the details on those rear lights I am working on a rear bumper too and need to get something to light the rear end up!

They are an Aussie available light that Kaymar and others use. We should have some around the shop to use.

Kurt,

You might want to check with Steve but I think the Red Dragon and Stoffel were brought over at the same time. If so that is one hell of a "Cruiser Draft" for Land Cruisers Direct!! Lol

I'll have to ask, that would be neat. A great litter :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom