Rebuilding F engine- do I need a new oil pump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
Hi. My natural instinct is yes, I do need a new oil pump. But I have a 5/73 F engine and can no longer get a new oil pump because they're discontinued.

I suppose I could upgrade to a 2F oil pump, but I've heard that I would need to get a 2F oil pan too.

What are my options? Can I just reuse the oil pump I have if it still works? Or it it too risky?

Thanks in advance for advice.

You can check the gear in your current pump to see if it’s still in spec. There is a procedure in the FSM for this. I also think you can ‘flip’ one of the gears over if needed (this is what I intend to do with my f135 pump).

Here is the fsm for my f135 pump...not sure if it’s the same or an option for the F pump.

A277CA1B-DD69-4F28-B02A-B6260EC6EA40.jpeg

8993F354-930C-4BC4-8B0D-BFFB0776DE31.jpeg

B14F8467-DE5A-47C2-971A-4884EF650BF0.jpeg

As @S4Cruiser said, check your current oil pump before spending unnecessary $$. If your are unsure of how to do this just have your machine shop do it for you.

If it's in spec, there's no reason at all to buy a new one, & if it's not, you will have PLENTY of time to source one while your machine shop complets all the rest of his work.

You can check the gear in your current pump to see if it’s still in spec. There is a procedure in the FSM for this. I also think you can ‘flip’ one of the gears over if needed (this is what I intend to do with my f135 pump).

Can u still buy the Star gears New OEM or equivalent ?

I think this is the route o would go if Toyota was Disc.

Parts Listing
Buy
Quantity
Part Number
Description
Price
In Stock
Picture
(Click to Enlarge & Close)
034-30A
OIL PUMP -
Fits 1958-9/73 F gas engine - For 1958-11/69 models also order #034-68 oil pump update kit separately
(Discontinued - Not available at this time)
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm — www.p65warnings.ca.gov
no.png

034-30AA-R
REBUILT OIL PUMP -
Fits 1958-68 F gas engine - Features new gears, machined to factory tolerances. Test run at operating temp, both high and low RPM for volume and pressure checks.
On Sale - Everyone gets the Discounted Price on this part.
(a Refundable Core Charge of 250.00 is already included in price)
yes.png

034-30AB-R
REBUILT OIL PUMP -
Fits 1968-9/73 F gas engine - Features new gears, machined to factory tolerances. Test run at operating temp, both high and low RPM for volume and pressure checks.
Club Price with 15% Discount is $ 375.31 Click here for info about joining Club SOR
(a Refundable Core Charge of 200.00 is already included in price)
yes.png

034-30B
OIL PUMP -
Fits 9/73-6/76 F/2F gas engines
(Discontinued - Not available at this time)
no.png

034-30B-R
REBUILT OIL PUMP -
Fits 9/73-6/76 F/2F gas engine - Features new gears, machined to factory tolerances. Test run at operating temp, both high and low RPM for volume and pressure checks.
Club Price with 15% Discount is $ 375.31 Click here for info about joining Club SOR
(a Refundable Core Charge of 200.00 is already included in price)
yes.png

034-30C
OIL PUMP -
Fits 6/76-1/90 F/2F/3F gas engines
yes.png

Hi. My natural instinct is yes, I do need a new oil pump. But I have a 5/73 F engine and can no longer get a new oil pump because they're discontinued.

I suppose I could upgrade to a 2F oil pump, but I've heard that I would need to get a 2F oil pan too.

What are my options? Can I just reuse the oil pump I have if it still works? Or it it too risky?

they have 1 of the 2

Buy
Quantity
Part Number
Description
Price
In Stock
034-96A
OIL PUMP GEAR #2 -
Fits 1958-9/73 F gas engine
yes.png

Follow the FSM and don’t waste money. Now. If you need more parts skip straight to Beno, Georg or Curt... best in the business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom