Builds Rebirth of Squatch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your crossmember turned out really nice, makes me want to redo mine

IMG_20170401_132457714_HDR.jpg

It is what it is. I was trying to get mine as high as possible for the flat belly.

What flange are you running on the Atlas? What driveshafts? I am getting tired of waiting for mine.
I am running 1410 flanges from Jess high angle Driveline, still aways out for drivelines but planning on ordering them from him. He is great to work with, had an issue with my atlas and he took care of it right away

I also like how flat your tranny and transfer case is, with the cummins I could not place the engine any higher due to hood clearance

So when I bough this thing a bunch of stuff was already disconnected under the hood and I was wondering if anyone knew what these plugs are for:

Passenger Side: Three green plugs and a blue one.
20170403_173631.jpg

Driver Side: Three green plugs and a blue one. The blue one has some heavy gauge wire going to it. Red/Yellow and white.
20170403_173708.jpg

Various emissions components and then carb fuel cutoff switch on the driver's side. Passenger side will be AC clutch, dizzy, oil pressure sender, etc.

I cut most of mine out.

Coolant temp sensor? Originally it ran along the firewall and connected to the coolant sensor in the top of the 2F head on the driver's side. Single spade connector, can't remember the color.

Well, my Atlas flange finally came in. I guess there was some miss communication as he thought I needed only one, but he said he would be getting the second one out to me soon. Besides the length it took to get, it fits perfect.

35608255971_4b84f3de04_c.jpg

35608255851_1316570aab_c.jpg

Nut is not tightened all the way down.

Also had a chance to finish up the radiator mount as well as the fan shroud for the Volvo radiator. Have plenty of space between the fan and water pump pulley.

35570192722_55b6c1df0c_c.jpg

35351695270_d112b5cf53_c.jpg

If anyone is curious this is the radiator I am running
C&R Racing Universal Radiators 802-26191

Last edited:
On another note, I started looking at how I am going to route the exhaust and it is going to be a complete pain in the A.. Most people seem to run the exhaust down each frame rail and tie them back together past the t-case. With the atlas I have zero room so that is a no go, I might have to run the passenger side exhaust forward and around the front of the oil pan then back down the driver side. Needless to say it is going to be interesting.

Was just playing underneath it and I looks like I can sneak it down the passenger side, I have 3.25" in between the Atlas and the frame. Running 2.5" exaust so it will be tight. I will have to relocate the brake line on that side to the top/outside of the frame as well as the rear heater hoses but that should be no problem.

I apologize, progress has been pretty slow due to s***ty weather and I will be out of town this weekend for my Nephew's graduation from Navy Boot Camp in Chicago.

I did have a chance to swap to an H3 oil pan and ordered all of my exhaust parts, so when I am back in town the exhaust will be getting done.

Oil pan clearance before:

35739506535_2ed24cc2d0_c.jpg

35351695020_16ea1a24f6_c.jpg

Oil pan clearance with H3 pan:

35570192502_1bf45e86cc_c.jpg

35351694880_c1742f1085_c.jpg

Last edited:
I just found a unicorn by my wood shed.

Can you post a good side profile shot with the current ride height with the 63" springs and frenched shackle? And you have 35" or 37" tires? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom