Rear storage rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beowulf, I hate saying this but it's glass, you can see through it to the other side which is open also.

Beowulf, I hate saying this but it's glass, you can see through it to the other side which is open also.

I looked at the pics carefully. You can see from the DS view that the front PS window is open. From the PS view, you can only see the front DS window is open. The picture is cut off that would show the rear of the DS window open. The window that picture does not show is the window in question.

I don't have an LX so I don't know which window supposedly does not open but I've been keeping a complete list of differences between the LC and the LX and that list says that 1 of the DS windows in the cargo area does not open. If that statement is not true then I want to update the list of differences. When this came up before, everyone that said both windows would open went out and checked and said, "nope... they were wrong... 1 of the windows will slide but not both like the PS." (or something to that effect.)

-B-

Beo,
my rear sliders open on both sides (same as NLXTACY has pictured) except the DS rear corner. That single pane is fixed. the 3 others slide open.
96 LX450

Beo,
my rear sliders open on both sides (same as NLXTACY has pictured) except the DS rear corner. That single pane is fixed. the 3 others slide open.
96 LX450

That is consistent with every other LX that we have heard about other than Joey and Mike and you have confirmed that it is the rear pane that is fixed (not the front like I posted earlier.)

Thanks James.
-B-

glad you like my idea enough to make your own, enjoy the trip

Looks like his idea predates yours since he bought the materials for it two years ago.

You better watch out, you might get a cease and desist order if you eventually start selling yours.

(kidding obviously).

Nice. :).

That is consistent with every other LX that we have heard about other than Joey and Mike and you have confirmed that it is the rear pane that is fixed (not the front like I posted earlier.)

Thanks James.
-B-

once again...ditto.

:grinpimp:

If you get the urge to sell those racks.. I'll be your first customer!
Looks like a set of those composite drawers wold fit right under...

If you get the urge to sell those racks.. I'll be your first customer!
Looks like a set of those composite drawers wold fit right under...

Hey tltaylor 22: Very nice sir! :). I was wondering how high that rack is compared to the second row seats folded down. Would it work to lay a platform across all that to build a comfortable (spacewise) sleeping area?

Thanks James.
-B-

Sorry folks. I probably should have came back to this thread. Evidently I didn't understand or B didn't explain well enough :flipoff2: but in fact only THREE of the FOUR sliding rear cargo windows slide in my LX.

Sorry folks. I probably should have came back to this thread. Evidently I didn't understand or B didn't explain well enough :flipoff2: but in fact only THREE of the FOUR sliding rear cargo windows slide in my LX.

:hmm:
I'm gonna say that YOU didn't understand...

Beowulf explained it perfectly clear
:flipoff2:

Hey tltaylor 22: Very nice sir! :). I was wondering how high that rack is compared to the second row seats folded down. Would it work to lay a platform across all that to build a comfortable (spacewise) sleeping area?

When the middle row is folded, they angle up towards the front a little. The rack about mid hieght with the folded seat, half above and half below. I'm sure you could plan it a little better for that purpose.
P1030256.jpg
P1030257.jpg

Hmm. I wonder if laying a board across it like that would put too much strain on the top areas of the second row. I just would like a nice sleeping area. :).

I wonder if you could pick up one of those TruckBeds inflatable matress' and have that span the height difference. That way you wouldn't have a big board clanking around. That would be compact when deflated so you could use the seats and the storage area while driving around and then move your gear and put the matress down. It woudl also be less hard on the leather on the seats.

Trent - I love that idea. I'm looking for a way to organize things when up the trail. Those would be a help in deciding what drawers I want. Bout what is the height to the bottom ? And do you have any measurements, I think I'm pay a buddy to weld up a rack and find some rear seat mounts to hold everything in place.

Again that rocks and looks lightweight !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom