Rear heater hose fix (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys quick question. I removed the rear heater lines because there was a leak. I though i could easily find some tubing to replace them, but no. I've been reading about a rear heater by pass, nut since the lines are already out can i just put a "U"
Screenshot_2017-03-05-00-43-56-1.png
in the spot shown in this picture? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Just connect some silicone heater hose ran inside of frame rail to heater. I cut my tubes prior to the joint you arrowed at the firewall. Double clamp each hose since there is no flare after cutting.

Ok i was thinking about that. Do you put the silcone hose on the outside of the existing rubber hoses on each end or inside? Do you know the size chance? I was considering using a piece of the old metal tubing as a bridge between the rubber and silcone so there would be a flange, but that seems excessive.

Less joints is better. I believe it's 1/2" that fits tight over the metal.

Less joints is better. I believe it's 1/2" that fits tight over the metal.

Hmm there's no metal right now. Just a gap between rubber from where i removed the rear heater lines. Can the silcone go into or over the rubber?

Ori could just make the U like i originally thought until i do something more permanent

No you can't go to rubber. Take rubber off. Cut before that joint.

I bypassed the hardlines on mine and ran new heater hose from the firewall all the way to the rear heater along the frame. Was very straightforward if you want to keep the heater. I think it was 5/8" hose if IIRC? I think I bought like 15 feet of it.

i did this job a couple years back on my old 80, but i used gates green stripe silicone heater hose to repair the system, rather than bypass. it worked great.
Rear heater hose replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom