Rear Heater Delete Hose with a Factory look (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
When deleting the rear heater on an 80 series there a few ways to address the heater hoses. We at LCP offer a hose in both OEM or Gates for a factory look. Normally we are strong OEM supporters but because this hose see no high heat, vibration, and easy to get to we recommend the Gates hose considering the cost difference.

Both OEM & Gates hoses are in stock and ready to ship.

free shipping.png

One of the common ways the hose is addressed. Meh at best
Pictured below the old way

old bypass.JPG

The new and factory looking set up using the hose we offer below. MMmmm
note- it looks like the hose contacts the valve cover but its just the picture angle.

new bypass.jpg

To purchase click ► Rear Heater Bypass Hose - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

What you will receive is pictured below.
Pictured is the Gates hose MADE IN USA:)

bypass hose.JPG

While I did mine by just finding a gates hose at napa and cutting it down, yours does look better and eliminates one more connection. Nice work

While I did mine by just finding a gates hose at napa and cutting it down, yours does look better and eliminates one more connection. Nice work

Nice thinking out of the box. Several way to approach the delete Im just trying to make it easy for lazy guys.:D

That reminds me, I need to get this hose, a new heater valve and make some space under the pass front seat......I'll put it on the agenda, SIGH....

That reminds me, I need to get this hose, a new heater valve and make some space under the pass front seat......I'll put it on the agenda, SIGH....

The new found space under the seat was a gift to me. Great place to hide stuff out of sight when traveling.

I went home and looked at my hoses and this area in my 80 is kinda busy due to the Helton heat exchanger deal tapping into that area. I have two Tees that I may need to re-locate as part of this cleanup process.

Last edited:
Damn its nice and clean. Felt really good to delete all those baby hoses and fittings. 267k miles on all those was really pushing it, although the hoses felt fine, but big radiator hoses were squishy so it all got changed. Thanks Phil for finding this hose and selling it to us!!! Highly recommend.

2006CC24-0C3F-4C02-AE4F-89997EA982E3.jpeg

I’ve used the gates version on 2 different 80’s and love the outcome. An easy way to eliminate clamps and look much neater. Access to #6 plug is not a problem.

I use gates when I swapped my cummins I have 2 sets of rear hear hard pipes that go down the firewall brass ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom