Rear Axle Bearing Nut Socket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the socket required for tightening the nut on the rear axle bearing nut?

Toyota Part Number 09509-25011

Toyota said they cannot sell tools to customers.

Does anyone know if MAC, MATCO, or SNAP-ON carries something equivilant?

Thanks in advance.

Toyota Rear Axle Socket.png

Interesting!

I’ve already got a socket for my front bearings, but it looks like I need to grab one of these so I can work on the rear wheel bearings.

As always, thank you guys for the information!

Interesting!

I’ve already got a socket for my front bearings, but it looks like I need to grab one of these so I can work on the rear wheel bearings.

As always, thank you guys for the information!
Or just take the socket you have and cut/grind out the spots for the stubs on the rear axle nut.

We made a plate (1/4" thick) and drilled 3 holes in it to match and then inserted (3) fully threaded bolts and tightened them on, the cut a square hole in the center for the ratchet. Looks like the tool in the Toyota pic.

Last edited:
If you have a socket just like the black one for the fronts, all you need to do is cut the 3 slots to fit the rear bearing nut. No need to buy another socket.
this^^^^
It's not rocket surgery, a magic marker, a hacksaw and a file for clean up. Easy Peezey lemon squeezy.

If you have a socket just like the black one for the fronts, all you need to do is cut the 3 slots to fit the rear bearing nut. No need to buy another socket.
Yup, this is what I did after finding another post on here a year ago suggesting the same thing. ****ing brilliant.

Toyota said they cannot sell tools to customers.

All I know is Cdan was able to sell me two of them (years ago) when I needed them....no problem.

Can't imagine things have changed any (with respect to being able to purchase SST's).
SST.jpg

this^^^^
It's not rocket surgery, a magic marker, a hacksaw and a file for clean up. Easy Peezey lemon squeezy.

Jeezus grandpa!

If your still using a hacksaw, just go buy the premade socket :lol:

I ground slots in my front hub socket. 15 minutes with a grinder, job done. And you have one tool with two purposes. Less junk to pack or store.

Fwiw, the socket I carry in my trail bags on FF Cruisers… is a modified front socket. Kevin (ToolsRUs RIP) pioneered it as I recall and it’s the best option for a single tool. Takes a few minutes to build. We use the traditional individual sockets in the shop.

the socket above also does the front wheel bearing lock nuts

AND it does the rear wheel bearing lock nuts. Read that desc and look at that pic, it's pretty cool!

Jeezus grandpa!

If your still using a hacksaw, just go buy the premade socket :lol:

I ground slots in my front hub socket. 15 minutes with a grinder, job done. And you have one tool with two purposes. Less junk to pack or store.
I use a hacksaw for "precision" work. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom