Ready for a 100-Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've decided to get a 100-series in addition to the '22 GX in CO and have owned my share of LC's and 4Runners etc. Pricewise, hoping you guys can help me get a feel for what I'm looking at.

It's a 2003 with 120K miles and has had timing belt and water pump done. Appears to be in exceptional condition. Has records going back to 2015. Air suspension works fine.

Is $21K within reason? No rust, no mods, 2 owners. I understand that condition and maintenance is more important than year/miles but I don't want to be too fast on the trigger and don't want to bother negotiating if it's within reason. I know that I'm not giving pics or more detail here but hoping I can have a little help with the right range for a top-condition example.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I’ve got an 06 with 190. Just did the TB/WP and radiator. It has a few ARB items…. And I would not let it go for $21k. I’ve had offers at $25. And it’s still in my garage.

Check for rust underneath and see that the cladding is firmly attached in all places.

Not crazy on the price based on what I see in Colorado. The suspension is hydraulic, not air, and you should assume it's never been bled and do that after purchase.

I’ve got an 06 with 190. Just did the TB/WP and radiator. It has a few ARB items…. And I would not let it go for $21k. I’ve had offers at $25. And it’s still in my garage.
Thanks. RK! That’s helpful.

That price doesn’t seem that off to me. I bought my ‘04 with 100k back in 2015 for 19k, I thought that was fair back then. Seems like models in good condition with low miles are getting pretty rare. Any pics?

That price doesn’t seem that off to me. I bought my ‘04 with 100k back in 2015 for 19k, I thought that was fair back then. Seems like models in good condition with low miles are getting pretty rare. Any pics?
No complete pics yet. He needs to send me thorough pics of undercarriage. I’d still want to take it to a body shop to verify how severe any rust might be. Seems like this is the big issue that can be a deal-breaker.

Maybe I should focus on a Western/Southwestern vehicle.

Does Colorado salt their roads heavy? Price sounds decent. Not exactly swindling an old person out of it decent but not a bought off this forum price.

Does Colorado salt their roads heavy? Price sounds decent. Not exactly swindling an old person out of it decent but not a bought off this forum price.
In CO, we use sand blended with salt(?) and magnesium chloride spray as well. This vehicle will initially be used on the East coast and this one is located on the East coast. I need to learn a bit more about when there was a frame recall due to coating or lack thereof leading to rust, IIRC.

Started on the east coast…no rust…not in the same sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom