Readers Rides, for pics and specs on your Toy(s). (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been here. My first post when I joined was on pg 9 of this thread . . . anyway, update pics:

last winter in PA (early 2010)
100_5394.jpg

my wife outrunning the RV up hill (even though the 4runner has 4,000 pounds on the rear bumper in this pic)
100_4073.jpg

Fins N Things, Moab Utah
100_3718.jpg

Corax! It's good to hear from you, man! How'd the move go?

The move was alright, it went something like this: PA -> southwest Colorado for nearly 2 months -> So Cal for a week -> Northern Cali, near Trinidad/Eureka -> Oregon, where I'm just waiting for job stuff to start up again. Got to explore a bunch, but not nearly enough - next time I do this, I don't think I'll try it in Spring instead of winter ;)

that's cool man! I've been meaning to drop by Eureka on my excursions into the Shasta area to go shooting, maybe next time I'll head up there and bump into you.

that's cool man! I've been meaning to drop by Eureka on my excursions into the Shasta area to go shooting, maybe next time I'll head up there and bump into you.

Yeah, shoot me a message if you're ever up near Eugene

sick rig corax.
love the 33x10.5 tire size on the runners and pickups. that size is coming next on my p/u

sick rig corax.
love the 33x10.5 tire size on the runners and pickups. that size is coming next on my p/u

I don't know what it is about Yotas and pizza-cutters, they just belong together.

I don't know what it is about Yotas and pizza-cutters, they just belong together.

:hmm: Working on your own Toyota stuff often involves at least 1 or more beers and tools. If you get stuck working into the wee hours of the night, it often also includes pizza. You need a pizza cutter for pizza. I thereby propose that indeed Toyota's and Pizza Cutters are inherently linked.

Glad to help clarify that..sorry it's missing from the FSM Tool Listing. :lol:

nice^
another great tire on out rigs is the TSL 34x9.5
love that look

I was the second owner. My Uncle built the truck in and out. He was a painter and it won a couple of shows. I just turned it into a crawler. Here's some photos:
newera055.jpg

newera028.jpg

newera064.jpg

newera063.jpg

newera065.jpg

familypictures583.jpg

That's beautiful! The story makes it even better!
I find the first-gen bed with second-gen cab to be a particularly neat idea.

After the weekend swap

RUFs up front and Chebbies out back complete. New wheels and tires on the way but here she is as of now.
champ-albums-81+toyota-picture16363-sluggo-after-front-fenders-trimmed-ruf-swap-complete.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, awsome site, found some solutions for a problem my mate had in his 60 series, so i though id post some up of the runner i have and the holden rodeo ute, not to sure what it is call in the states but yeah, cheers for the info! from what ive seen there is some awsome mods on here! cheers again

Photo006-1.jpg

Photo002-1.jpg

Photo003.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

SL372508.jpg

SL372507.jpg

SL372520.jpg

1990 4runner SR5 4x4
IMG_012115.jpg
mail.jpg

Returning to the forums after selling my '96LC a few years ago.Just picked up this '85 runner SR5.Previous owner had the engine rebuilt and installed a rough country lift,other than that pretty much stock.Its good to be back.
4 Runner.jpg
Nicholas with the top down.jpg

paulsbuggyorangetruck018.jpg

1986 toyota turbo
- turbo 5 speed tranny
-dual cases 2.28 and 4.7 in back
-exo cage with custom bed
-3inch straight pipe and a ct20 turbo
-longfields up front
-4.10's
-disc brakes out back
-39.5 cut tsl's and boggers
-allied beadlocks
- autometer boost and water temp
-full hydro steering using TG ram
- TG ifs elmin. kit up front with bilistiens
-4 link out back with creeper joints and 16inch swayaway 2.0 remote resi's
-RCI fuel cell

Next couple of weeks it will be all satin black, cage will still be gloss, blacked out lights etc, interior will be durabanked, arp hub studs, tool box in back and rear mount battery. Might sell the tires and step down to a 38.5 tsl sx

My 92 hilux surf

1992 Toyota Hilux Surf

Ongoing Build:
2LTE 2.4 Turbo Diesel
CT20 turbo boosting 12psi
EGR disconnected
AC Removed
Fan Locked
Removed and modified bumpers
Nudge bar
Towbar
Rebuilt front brakes with supra discs