Rainman's Brake Lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ55 owner news!

I'm finally getting the needed patters for some of the Pigs. WooHoo!

I should have soon the kits for:
68 - 6/70s
7/70 - 8/71s

The others trucks I need are:
9/71 - 8/75
9/75 - 80

The knuckle and axle lines are the same as FJ40s so I have all of those. I just need the firewall lines and chassis lines.

THIS JUST IN!!

I can supply full kits for '68 - 6/70 FJ55s now! First 55 came and I've filled my needs for patterns.

Last edited:
Latest in Rainman technology. I've made some new jigs for a few patterns to keep them as consistent as possible. The firewall lines are the most complicated since they take up so much tubing. These small top jigs are working well. Just one more way to help make these as best as I can.
new jig.JPG

This small unit helps make 6 different lines.

Heads up.

I'm about to have to disassemble my brake line shop. We're about to get a french drain put in the basement and everything has to be pulled from the walls. I don't have to pull the peg board but I can't risk the workers knocking the patterns off the wall and damaging any of it. So I have to pull everything out witch leaves me without any ability to make lines for about a month or so. Should be back up by late January.

Up and... walking. Not running.
The cleanup is going to take months. Seriously. Months. I've got almost everything back to normal in the shop portion. Mostly. I have been able to make a few lines but still backed up. Please be a little more patient. If you need to order, please do so. That gets you in line. I hope to be caught up in the next few weeks.

Up and... walking. Not running.
The cleanup is going to take months. Seriously. Months. I've got almost everything back to normal in the shop portion. Mostly. I have been able to make a few lines but still backed up. Please be a little more patient. If you need to order, please do so. That gets you in line. I hope to be caught up in the next few weeks.

Everyone Knows it's worth waiting in line for a few minutes , for the BEST ,
TOP QUALITY
, Vintage TOYOTA Reproduction Brake Lines in the western hemisphere ..................

or , at least i do ! :)

ATTENTION:

So sorry but life has gotten in the way. Big time.

First it was construction (destruction) in the shop. Then, an important line pattern went missing. (I think the damn thing is under a foot of concrete.) Then it was crap... I have to have radiation because my PSA numbers have gone up... again. Then I got seriously busy with other money making opportunities. Then my wife got sick. (The verdict is still out.)

I can't say I'm sorry enough to those waiting on my lines. I just haven't been able to spend the time I need to get these kits complete. One truck that I know of is down waiting on me. That's why I ask for everyone to wait to pay me until the kit is completed. He didn't wait and now I owe him and can't deliver.

@wngrog , please pass this info on. I start radiation on this coming Monday. I hope that it won't slow me down and can get on some of these backorders but I just don't know. The treatment lasts 7.5 weeks. I'm simply going to play this by ear day to day.

My spirit is high. My confidence isn't shattered. I just have to realize my priorities right now and NiCopp isn't the highest on the list. I'm very sorry.

Last edited:
I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope you and your family are back to full strength soon.

Godspeed to you, Rainy.

Rainman , my friend :)

Your a Strong Kind Person in more then a few ways !

I know you will pull through just fine ,, and ill touch base with you by shop hot

line to check in on things as well later in the week .....

Everyone , here on MUD Has Your Back Brother , Just remember that at all times ..........

kindly matt ......:D:wrench:

Nippondenso-Ido-T204.jpg

Thanks so much guys. I know I'll be fine. There is a fly in the ointment though.

We got my wife tested. She was concerned about me going into a facility full of cancer patients. Good call. So we got her tested for THE virus. They think it's highly unlikely that she has it BUT... now my first therapy session is on hold until we get confirmation on her diagnosis. (Error on the caution side) That may not be until tomorrow. It takes 24 hours ahead to get a slot for my therapy. That means it COULD cost me two days. that just adds two at the end. I normally have a clean mouth but add the f word in there somewhere.

I have Cruiser buddies all over this country and most are visible on Mud. They compete in being as loyal as my rugby mates do. THAT says a lot!

6 down, 33 to go!

I felt we could all use a little humor about now so here goes:

When I got to my treatment appointment this morning, I saw this guy pulling out. I think they exposed him a little too long...
IMG_0152.jpeg

(and who lets a guy drive a Porsche that parks like that?)

Thousands of dollars in the shop floor. Paid off the day they got the system installed. Paid off several times over this year already.

Not today. As of this moment, the water is flowing in at over 250gal/min. All 3 pumps running nonstop. The water has overtaken both sumps, both drains and is still coming in faster than I can get it out. Once again, brake lines take a hit with the southeast weather.

:bang::deadhorse:

Last edited:
Okay. This business is crazy. The patterns on these awesome trucks are a moving target. It's just so strange how in the middle of a pattern calendar, one truck will have an issue with a line that is either a different length or a need for a different bend. I've not been able to figure out why without a herd of Cruisers at my fingertips. I do have a '66, a '70 and a '74 here now so that's helpful a little but not the solution.

BUT! I recently found out that my tagging system was a bust. They're all falling off. I tried several ways to make them but any percent of failure is just that. Failure. So this morning, responding to a customer (fellow Cruiser head) I came up with the perfect solution. Don't use a tag at all! Now, I'll be putting the 3 letter designation under the line nuts at both ends. You can't loose that, it won't fall off, and you can't see it when installed. It's perfect! Check it out... Rear Axle Short
Line Label hidden.jpeg
Line Label new.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom