Builds R²M 2013 GX 460 Overland Build (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

-SOLD-
Now I have my old Metaltech sliders lying around. Hummm, what to do...
Does anyone have a hundred dollar bill they don't know what to do with?
I have all the fasteners!
Other than some scrapes (review photos), they are in perfect condition and ready for mounting. They are dirty, but a quick hose off and they'll look fine. They also have the traction tape still on that I added. (That alone should be worth the hundred bucks!! :rofl:)
Note: I'm not shipping anything. Local pickup only.

20210911_174326.jpg
20210911_174350.jpg
20210911_174426.jpg
20210911_174436.jpg

Last edited:
If you've never installed sliders here is the Metaltech installation guide:
It really is pretty easy, but have a buddy, jack stands, jack or something to help get the first 2 bolts in. The one thing that really helped with speeding it up was my air ratchet. The bolts are quite long and require a lot of ratcheting.

Attachments

• GX460SliderInstallationGuide.pdf
    144.6 KB · Views: 59
Damn I just missed out. Probably expensive to ship.

Last edited:
Could you kindly text me at xxx xxx xxxx? I have notification to your new message but when I go in the conversation, there is nothing. Many thanks!
You can still edit your post and delete your phone number. I don't need it any longer, I have it now on and just texted you.

Last edited:
Also installed my new Victory 4x4 rear shelf!
Really opened up more room! I also was able to relocate my fire extinguisher to a more accessible location.
That rack is very, very sturdy. Very impressed with it! :clap:
20210912_154423.jpg

20210912_154427.jpg

20210912_154405.jpg

20210912_154400.jpg

****in' love that storage shelf!

Reactions: r2m
It's amazing what the hold! All the little crap that use to end up on the floor.

I'm OCD about stuff in my vehicles. I literally have almost zero items of any kind. I know it'll change once we finally get the rest of the equipment to go overlanding--which is why I'm loving that shelf for that very reason you said! HAHA!

It's amazing what the hold! All the little crap that use to end up on the floor.
And what it can't hold you can attach to the MOLLE on the bottom! 👍
I'm waiting to see how everything is situated for a while and then I may move some things round, but it definitely opens up a lot more possibilities!
And I too, don't like gear/stuff on the floor. We need all that floor space for Costco shopping!!! :p

This morning, this little baby goes in! (Multi-Terrain Select module)
Now I just need to spend a few minutes reviewing our CC and MTS thread to see just how the install goes. I'll post when done.
20210925_113640.jpg

I'm calling 'er done!
20210925_135905.jpg

20210925_135916.jpg

20210925_135933.jpg

Last edited:
Now that I have MTS, my assumption is that I NEVER use it while my front and rear lockers are engaged. (For those of you who don't know my rig, I have ARB front and rear lockers)
I believe MTS uses a combination of braking and throttle to get each tire to act differently, and if that's the case, I can easily see snapping an axle or breaking a diff while both lockers and MTS were engaged.
And on that same note, I wonder if Crawl Control is similar, or if it's strictly a throttle/brake control for steep up's and down's??
If that's the case, then I would be able to lock my front and rear diff's! :)

This morning, this little baby goes in! (Multi-Terrain Select module)
Now I just need to spend a few minutes reviewing our CC and MTS thread to see just how the install goes. I'll post when done.
View attachment 2795478
What’d that run ya? Assuming you had to buy from Japan?

Now that I have MTS, my assumption is that I NEVER use it while my front and rear lockers are engaged. (For those of you who don't know my rig, I have ARB front and rear lockers)
I believe MTS uses a combination of braking and throttle to get each tire to act differently, and if that's the case, I can easily see snapping an axle or breaking a diff while both lockers and MTS were engaged.
And on that same note, I wonder if Crawl Control is similar, or if it's strictly a throttle/brake control for steep up's and down's??
If that's the case, then I would be able to lock my front and rear diff's! :)
Man, I'm TOTALLY speculating here, but I'd guess that with lockers engaged (either F/R or both) there'd be no wheel slippage for MTS to sense and to apply the brake. There's no way to control the throttle to axles/wheels independently (other than applying front-only, or rear-only brakes and forcing t-case slip if unlocked, but I can't see a scenario where MTS would ever want to do that), so I don't think that's an issue either. In other words, I don't see how having MTS working while lockers are engage could negatively impact anything. In fact, in mogul mode, does it change any of the KDSS settings? You "might" still benefit from it. I can also see crawl control being useful with lockers, too, or at least not having any negative effect. And there may be some cases where MTS is more useful than full lockers. I dunno...

Man, I'm TOTALLY speculating here, but I'd guess that with lockers engaged (either F/R or both) there'd be no wheel slippage for MTS to sense and to apply the brake. There's no way to control the throttle to axles/wheels independently (other than applying front-only, or rear-only brakes and forcing t-case slip if unlocked, but I can't see a scenario where MTS would ever want to do that), so I don't think that's an issue either. In other words, I don't see how having MTS working while lockers are engage could negatively impact anything. In fact, in mogul mode, does it change any of the KDSS settings? You "might" still benefit from it. I can also see crawl control being useful with lockers, too, or at least not having any negative effect. And there may be some cases where MTS is more useful than full lockers. I dunno...
alright, I went back to this post, that explains the throttle and ATRAC impacts of MTS: 460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/460-add-crawl-control-cc-and-multi-terrain-select-mts-to-2010-2019-models-all-trims.1040976/page-12#post-13155622

It seems MTS+lockers is just a dampened throttle and "Rocks-plus"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom