Question: 2F Header Options with Power Steering? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to install a header on my 2F FJ4x with unknown power steering conversion. A previous owner installed power steering, it appears to be Toyota parts. The Power steering pump is on the upper passenger side of the engine, so not in the way of the header. The steering box is above the frame on the drivers side at the end of the steering shaft on an oem looking mount, not homemade or aftermarket looking one. The steering box might be in the way of headers, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know if this power steering setup will interfere with headers? I'm considering the SOR or Man-a-fre headers. Would either of these work? Are there any other headers I should be considering?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:
I am running sor headers... but... I have a mini truck ps

Is yours oem or mini truck?

My mini truck (on home made pedestal) ps box was just barely almost touching with maf header and same on the sor

This time around I did grind a tad off a bolt head that was the culprit at being too close just to give me a tad more room

I would gather that either one would work just fine... possibly a slight adjustment as I had ... but... would work

Well I ordered the Man a fre header. The guy I spoke with there said he thought I had factory FJ40 powersteering from a 79+ model retrofitted on to my 76. He thought the header would work with it. I'll find out when it gets here and I bolt it on, hopefully by this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom