PWR button on the four speed transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone been brave enough to test this feature? I assume a jet engine from an SR-71 magically pops up from somewhere (cruises are heavy for a reason) and blasts you to 60 mph .005 seconds faster whilst returning 6 MPG. Does anyone seriously use this?

I use it all the time on the way to Tahoe (uphill). Allows me to stay in a gear longer before shifting. Now at highway speed, you're already in the top gear so you won't notice much unless you step on it to pass, then you'll notice you can ride the red line a bit before shifting. Sure would be cool to have the SR-71 setup though...

I only use it occasionally. It adjusts the shift points to higher RPMs, so as yotasavg said, you can stay in a lower gear longer before it shifts. I can't quite tell if the torque converter locks at different RPMs.

I use it quite a bit, for the reasons mentioned. Great while towing. I "think" i notice a slight drop in mpg, but haven't tracked it seriously. Pretty sure it'd be a third or fourth order effect. Skinny pedal usage and top speed dominate the mpg results...

I turned it on a few weeks ago and will probably never turn it off as I prefer how it drives. I live on in a hilly area so I think it likes the revs. I might even remove the warning lamp as it gets annoying.

Maybe 01LC and Yotasavg want to link a laser jammer on/off switch to the PWR button. :hillbilly:

I use it for towing and the Hundy seems to like it.

Racing a lot of Prius and Smart Cars? - Love my LX but if I want to go fast I drive my other cars.

Never turn it off, on either the A343 or the A750. I can't imagine ever wanting these trucks to be slower. Not that the button makes a world of difference. The only drawback is that the light doesn't dim with the dash lights.

Racing a lot of Prius and Smart Cars? - Love my LX but if I want to go fast I drive my other cars.
Well if you're giving out fast cars I'm sure we'd all switch to your faster way of transportation.

After upgrading to 285/75-16, it's on full time. It only gets turned off when I'm in 4 low and prefer to use 2nd gear start to prevent 1-2 shifts over varying terrain.

What are your shift RPMs typically around town with it on/off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom