Builds Project Old Blue - 1973 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i can say for certain , NOBODY in Vintage TOYOTA Land Cruiser History since the year 1973- till present day 8/19/2022 has ever taken , let alone posted a.........

" PHOTO's or is Does NOT Exist " image of any kind shape or form , of the OEM KOITo 1973 one year only Back Up Lamp actually Fully Illuminated using

the 1973 FJ40 Shifter stick in reverse , and the key in the ON position , ambient light dim , or simply non-existent , to prove that these unique " THINGS "

actually do work as the 1973 factory glove box manual suggests ?

i myself am skeptical John , that yours actually is more then just your " Crown-Jewel " ..... 🤔

50200AE1-B0EE-4E91-BFC6-9C3BD70E52BA.jpeg

Another Vintage Teq / KOITo Land Cruiser History making moment , here without question .,.....:D

two , count them two 1973 FJ40 Back-Up Lamps illuminated via photos or it does not exist media format ....

both in the same exact thread to boot !

- Excellent Job ! both winners get to split the prize-pack in the mail coming to them both and bragging rights down the middle 50/50 :

.....@KingAir Driver & @FJ40Savvy

🏆...................... 🏆

images999.jpeg

Last edited:
Another Vintage Teq / KOITo Land Cruiser History making moment , here without question .,.....:D

two , count them two 1973 FJ40 Back-Up Lamps illuminated via photos or it does not exist media format ....

both in the same exact thread to boot !

- Excellent Job ! both winners get to split the prize-pack in the mail coming to them both and bragging rights down the middle 50/50 :

.....@KingAir Driver & @FJ40Savvy

🏆...................... 🏆

View attachment 3091591

Make that 3 :cool:

70E2C066-BC63-4D30-9C30-3C27EEA2715A.jpeg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally different TAKE on this Instagram REEL POST .........

:D
@FJ40Savvy
@SipLife

Last edited:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally different TAKE on this Instagram REEL POST .........

:D
@FJ40Savvy
@SipLife

You should set that light free and let it see the world on the back of a '73. If you love a part, set it free. If it comes back it yours; if it doesn't, it never was.

You should set that light free and let it see the world on the back of a '73. If you love a part, set it free. If it comes back it yours; if it doesn't, it never was.
I'll take it

I think winter has turned itself off this week, so garage time it is. Started in on dismantling the hard doors for a refresh. Got the passenger side stripped down and initial parts on order. Rust converter and cleanup next.

FB39B962-F41B-46FB-A977-8470A882B43F.jpeg

I think winter has turned itself off this week, so garage time it is. Started in on dismantling the hard doors for a refresh. Got the passenger side stripped down and initial parts on order. Rust converter and cleanup next.

View attachment 3273466

Hi mr. Driver-King ....:D

like we touched on briefly back in winter time 2022 , this is the best possible scenario you can hope for to pull the trigger on doing " ToyotaMatt's her & his Siamese-Keys Upgrade-Mod " , that i mapped out here on MUD on more then a good while back ...

- it's super eazy to pin-point precision the center point of your passenger side door in the same exact place in mirror-reverse of course that the new same in kind single sided lock cylinder with its needed jewelers file created orientation kerf key-way detail will go .

- you then measure 4 times and cut once , the new bore hole using first a tru piolet drill bit hole of say 1/8" , your bore hole-saw's 1/4" ish bit now has a clear and concise path forward ...

- i would suggest you first start the drill rotation in reverse slightly to create a kerf of sorts that the next up forward rotation at slower then you want speed to then complete this step..

- as the bore-hole saw teeth begin to bite harder at the final 5% , again switch up to reverse , this way you avoid the biting and binding that will occur if you don't

- now you double check the correct location of the orientation key-way kerf detail , and after its established a good bit dry test fit the new lock often , the ensures you are actually able to slide it right in easy the moment its ready to receive it .

- the first time i ever tried this mod , i forgot to stop short about twice as deep as it needed to be , and well that was painful to find out when i thought it was good enough . and even more painful when you showed all you land cruiser friends that u had what they did not , 2 single sided keys on your carabiner key chain hook , simply because you needed to now and did not .:D

- it's a neat idea to be able to go directly to your passenger side door at the Grocery store or HOME DEPOT to Load up , instead of folks wondering why you had to army crawl across your 60/40 split bench like that and leave your cart there rolling away too at the same time ...

- THIS IS THE WAY ..

01C64792-0BC4-4F24-B2A7-E01AEA32567F.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi mr. Driver-King ....:D

like we touched on briefly back in winter time 2022 , this is the best possible scenario you can hope for to pull the trigger on doing " ToyotaMatt's her & his Siamese-Keys Upgrade-Mod " , that i mapped out here on MUD on more then a good while back ...

- it's super eazy to pin-point precision the center point of your passenger side door in the same exact place in mirror-reverse of course that the new same in kind single sided lock cylinder with its needed jewelers file created orientation kerf key-way detail will go .

- you then measure 4 times and cut once , the new bore hole using first a tru piolet drill bit hole of say 1/8" , your bore hole-saw's 1/4" ish bit now has a clear and concise path forward ...

- i would suggest you first start the drill rotation in reverse slightly to create a kerf of sorts that the next up forward rotation at slower then you want speed to then complete this step..

- as the bore-hole saw teeth begin to bite harder at the final 5% , again switch up to reverse , this way you avoid the biting and binding that will occur if you don't

- now you double check the correct location of the orientation key-way kerf detail , and after its established a good bit dry test fit the new lock often , the ensures you are actually able to slide it right in easy the moment its ready to receive it .

- the first time i ever tried this mod , i forgot to stop short about twice as deep as it needed to be , and well that was painful to find out when i thought it was good enough . and even more painful when you showed all you land cruiser friends that u had what they did not , 2 single sided keys on your carabiner key chain hook , simply because you needed to now and did not .:D

- it's a neat idea to be able to go directly to your passenger side door at the Grocery store or HOME DEPOT to Load up , instead of folks wondering why you had to army crawl across your 60/40 split bench like that and leave your cart there rolling away too at the same time ...

- THIS IS THE WAY ..

Thanks Matt, I’d be leaning over bucket seats, but I could just reach through the open soft top window 😂

Wrapped up the passenger side door other than the door weatherstrip. Definitely the hardest part was installing the metal channel back on the window glass with new rubber. Coming in a close second was putting the quarter window seal in place, time consuming.

I used the OEM window channel felts, wipers and rubber with new metal and tabs. Overland metric hardware, new repro door paddles from SOR. CityRacer weatherstripping for the door. Window rolls up and down like new.

64C6261A-C701-4875-BAF7-31F944C666AC.jpeg

9A72DADC-AB91-4866-B03F-874E4AC11AD1.jpeg

Drivers door should go faster since I’ve done it once, but need to figure out the B pillar since they’re straight for FST doors and not the hard doors that angle in at the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom