Project - Not so Nice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looking sweet Jon.

Very nice. I'm sure you didn't but make sure not to get paint under the headbolt surfaces.

Hmmm...I might have on the air rail section. What's the issue, paint affecting the effective torque values?

Dang John that looks fantastic!

I can't wait to see body on chassis.

If a Toyota Build Erection last more than 4 hours call your doctor and stop watching the "project not so nice" thread.

Dayum Jon! :clap:

Last edited:
Jon, what, if anything, did you do about the wiring harness? Just pull it, new one, modifications/repairs?

Jon, what, if anything, did you do about the wiring harness? Just pull it, new one, modifications/repairs?

I pulled the old one which was a painless harness...not the oem one. I've also got an oem one that Casey gave me from the green truck. B/w the two and the new painless kit I have I'll make a new one.

I thought about reusing the painless harness that was in the truck but it was all jacked up and I came across a NIB one for cheap years ago.

I dread this step.

Flywheel, clutch and pressure plate installed. The old flywheel dowel had broken off at some point in this engines history. Someone attempted to remove it drilling out an off center hole...Dremel and patience got it out.

The new hylomar...since permatex sold the brand.

New pressure plate bolts! Crazy that their torque is only 12ft lbs.

Installed a new slave cylinder. Some PO down the line decided to not run a clutch return spring so the spring bracket was MIA...made a 'replica'.

Will also need to make a bracket to run the air filter with this style power steering pump bracket. Shouldn't be too big of a deal.

s*** fxxxing mother fxxxer s***....

I purchased a stainless steel set of factory repro brake lines from cruiser corps and they are meh at best. Part of the issue is they are for a sprung under stock truck with drums on each corner. Fxxx. My effort to save time is going to cost me more time and money...guess I'll be bending my own lines now. Fxxx.

Was also in th shop working all day and felt like I didn't get s*** done. Oh well.

Happens! You're still moving along though man, looks awesome. I'll be over later this week.

Nice.

No orion? Or am i remembering the pile of parts wrong?

That was my second guess lol

Keep it up man...... looking great.

I can't wait to see the tub on that frame. Never seen that color painted on a 40 before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom