Builds Project Killer B - 1988 BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone else snag one of these? It's a NOS Denso 24V heater assembly... perfect for the rear area. Easy to mount, looks appropriate, and made in Japan.

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

The unit is roughly 8.5" (215mm) x 8" (203mm) x 6.5" (165mm), and has four mounting pads that will allow it to mount on any flat surface. The best mount spot has to be determined, as the unit is intended for an unknown application.

Noob questions but I'm drilling down on details.

Can I ask why you prefer high offset wheels? I'm trying to wrap my head around wheel options. Doesn't a high offset wheel move the tire closer to the centerline of the vehicle? Wouldn't that increase rubbing? I do like the more old school look of narrow tires that tuck up under the fenders, definitely.

Also, I can't find a source of those wheels - and I assume IFS means independent front suspension? What do IFS wheels bring to the table? How are they different? Thanks.

Anyone else snag one of these? It's a NOS Denso 24V heater assembly... perfect for the rear area. Easy to mount, looks appropriate, and made in Japan.

View attachment 1534090

View attachment 1534091

Academic question ...
Is the heater in your center console too small for your heating needs? Or does it not have one?

My 70 is a Canadian spec truck and the console heater performs well for the few cold days that I have encountered with her in the southeast. As a result, my experience basis maybe completely different. Thanks

By placing the face further out, there is extra room for the much thicker rotor and resulting outboard push of the caliper in order to fit over said rotors. There is also extra air space between the outer rotor face and wheel, which should improve flow and lower the face temperature... the outer face tends to run at a higher temperature than the inside face. I temporarily have spacers installed in order to place the wheel in the proper offset. IFS hubs are on the shelf awaiting their job of properly placing the wheel in the correct area. Form follows function here... I like the look of the wheel face closer to the outside of the rim.

You got it... This rig has no rear heater option.

Factory 2007+ snorkel? I wasn't planning on it, but I have 18 of them... soooo...A little tweaking and it will fit nicely. Anyone else want to try one? This iPad takes horrible pictures in lowish light situations.

IMG_1584.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

I'd be interested in trying one, did you cut into your air box or do you also have snorkel-ready air filter assemblies?

How different are the holes to the fender? Like if you already have other snorkel?

How does it fit with the fender surface? The new model it's more rounded.

I have not yet cut the hole, but will be soon. No air box assemblies, need to figure out that connection. The 2017 fenders with holes are also here, so I'll take pics and folks can decide if they like the fit up on the earlier style. The contour is pretty close.... Pics will show where holes go, so you can compare.

Plenty of parts will be available, check my post and watch the store.
79 Series parts, body, bed, suspension, wheels, tires

Does it comes with the inner tubes? Can you take a picture of the side that goes to the fender? I’m thinking for a future project... thanks

Keeping the 24 Volt Super Glow system is important to me. Fortunately, Toyota offered the 1W with a 24 Volt Super Glow system in China, so there are various glow plugs available. It didn't take long to find a box of 12 HKT Japan PT-148 plugs for a spectactular deal. Thanks to @lostmarbles for the glow plug system info.

Which plugs should I be running - B, 2B, 3B, H and 2H diesels

IMG_1690.JPG

So is there a quality or performance difference among the available options? Is Bosch = Toyota = NGK etc? I see Bosch all over eBay and I know Toyota is about 3x the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom