Builds Project "Devil Frog" - Isaac's '69 FJ40

No, I didn't have to notch the frame, but it is very tight. The rods were custom length from Marlin. Steering arms were the FJ80 style from Luke at 4x4Labs.
Ok. I'm in same boat. Looking what pitman arm is best. I'm going SUA so more room for the drop but like to keep it tight.

So the a/c compressor is right where the factory battery tray goes, so I need to scoot it back a few inches, which entails fabrication of a new tray mount.

D10942D7-55B3-49A5-9BFE-EB342242EBC3.jpeg

37B81C7F-084B-48D9-BCEB-424D0D368C1C.jpeg
60041F1D-CBB9-47E9-AEA1-0907421126CE.jpeg
I got the battery relocated to accomdate the 3FTE. Next task is to wire the vehicle. I am adapting an FJ62 harness since I am using its Engine and steering column, but using the programable megasquirt ECU to fule the turbocharged application.

pappy

photosynthesizing

Nice progress. The battery looks like the factory location. How was it relocated? Also, you have a breather on the valve cover. Keep in mind that you will be sucking in unmetered air through the PCV and that will probably create a problem. In the factory configuration, the breather fitting would be hooked up on the intake tube after the AFM.

The factory location interfered with the compressor. I fabricated a new mount, it is still tied into the main frame rail, but moved the location back a few inches just behind the AC compressor. The new mount it’s just some angle iron and sheet-metal I welded up.

With the PCV I am venting to atmosphere which is fine for performance, it’s necessary to not let blow-by products accumulate in the crankcase. The factory set up recirculated this back into the intake tract with vacuum for a emissions purposes, this won’t work for me because with the turbo charger will have positive pressure instead of vacuum pressure which will actually make things worse in side the crankcase. With the filter on the PCV port I am venting to atmosphere which is will allow blow-by to vent, the crankcase. This 40 is a ‘69 so is exempt from emissions.

Nice progress. The battery looks like the factory location. How was it relocated? Also, you have a breather on the valve cover. Keep in mind that you will be sucking in unmetered air through the PCV and that will probably create a problem. In the factory configuration, the breather fitting would be hooked up on the intake tube after the AFM.

Top Bottom