Project Deep storage rebirth wagon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got cb mounted just need antenna. Just looking for one of the plastic ones that's bendy--preferrably not 10 feet tall so it'll still go in garage. There's some good info on the minitruck section...found good faq sheet at 22R Carburetor FAQ ...know that I jacked it up when I changed a plunger and don't have the spring set correctly, but not real sure how to set it. Rob says he has a spare carb from his mini he kept after doing the propane conversion. Just not sure what's best. It's got me so annoyed I'm willing to spend money for someone to fix it. Don't know if buying a different carb is best, or what to do.

Took me over an hour + to put together a minitruck shifter.. The little snap ring holding the shifter in place was a bear.. Currently the shift knob is a piece of dom tube till i get it "buttoned up" and can find the comfortable spot to mount the toybox shifter.
Put in a spare VSS as well, wired it, re-installed speedo cable, pulled the fuel pump.. More will probably happen on wed.. done for a couple days, working tonight at the second job.

Tried to fix the swaybar but i think i'm going to need to drill out a captured nut to fix it properly.

Great progress. Cant wait to see it finished.

YOu have to go to a knowledgable parts store to get a lifetime replacement on a pump they no longer carry.. finally went back to the oriley by my old residence where they all know me by name.. manager was still there, authorized the swap and pump will be in tonight.

Original pump was a Carter.. THey used to have lifetime warranty then apparently changed to one year.. now pump they carry is Airtex.. So we'll give it a shot.. I even get to keep my lifetime warranty instead of the one year they carry now.. Interesting.. Manager knows I spend a lot of $ up there.

Will probably pick up driveshafts for it as well at the other house and see if i can get those installed.. she ain't gonna move very well without em!

Picked up rotors and pads for the front of the matrix as well.. shakes when it tries to stop! Guess with 130000 on the ticker it's time.. Not a huge fan of turning rotors if they're that old.. Easier to go new.. $100 for 2 rotors and good pads is good insurance in my eyes.

Inspection soon, insurance is done.. need to get it running, tags and see if it moves..
More later..

Just for you all keeping track of if i'm doing anything or not! :)

Oh an got the yard mowed and a bunch of bushes removed from the front yard.. We're redoing landscaping soon. Prepping my clean slate.

This is very exciting to keep up on! The last time I was in that truck was a snowy night in February of 2004 at a guy’s night at Buffalo Wild Wings. How remember that, but cant remember where I put my wallet this morning, I have no idea.. ha..

it kicked over.. fire to her for approx 15 seconds.. details later, not to clear a path!

it moved but not very far.. gotta bleed the brakes..
IMG_4622.JPG
IMG_4627.JPG

at least 5 years since this thing has moved under it's own power.. oil leak discovered at the oil cooler lines..
IMG_4629.JPG

It moved and drove around the block. I mopped the floor where it had occupied so much of it's time over the last 2 years.. Mowed the yard and was done for the day.
the mopping part sucked..

Tags are now in it's name.. Will work out a time for it to go to the mechanic's house. Who is now famous and I hope his fame and interviews will not keep him from working on my junk..

the DMV sucks.. 45 min wait..

Uh I worked at the other job last night.. I'm not that energetic.. All I got done last night when I got home was take out the trash and grab a snack. :)

Looking good and solid progress! :) Do I see a body lift on it a few pics back?

yep.. This truck has gone thru a few incarnations over the years..
allows you to run 35"s while sprung under. Much more stable and VERY easy to do. Roger brown used to sell them not sure if he still does or not.

working on some old problem children today.. First.. I have a transmission sending unit before and after the transmission cooler. I know anal but I never got the switch wired up correctly.. so a rear fan switch out of a 4runner fits perfect with a label on it..
second is my headlight wiring... I had to hack into it on a mountain pass in colorado one evening. Was not the most fun thing to do when you lose lights in the middle of colorado at night. so trying to fix this properly. switch on the left is what i came up with when i hard wired the headlights to work so I could continue on the trip. I think i now know what caused it and will be replacing that part as well.. Details as the day progresses.
IMG_4631.JPG
IMG_4633.JPG

INto the spare parts bins reveals a spare FJ62 steering column.. not complete and parts are hacked out but the parts I need are intact. the turn signals, hazards and wiper switch are all intact and unmolested.. not to take it apart and see how it all functions.
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4635.JPG
IMG_4636.JPG

2 days to get working headlights.. WOW, is all I have to say.. it all came down to a bad ground on the steering column.. REally. all that work and it was a freakin bad ground wire.. the headlights are grounded thru the steering column which provides juice in a relay ground situation. SO backed that thing out so I could work on daily driver world.. Poor trix needed some new front brakes.. she was a little shaky and pretty much stopped slower than crud.. going to rearrange the garage now that I can move around in it..
IMG_4638.JPG

well put on the Garage makeover show with the old wrasler guy that was the govenor or something in minnesnowta on the flat screen in the garage and detached my back wall of cabinets. Then cut a section out of my countertop to move my cabinets over about 15+ inches.. Then pushed the air compressor into the corner of the garage.. For those that have been over my air compressor is about the size of my matrix and i'm guessing weighs about as much.. It's been sitting smack dab in the middle of the garage for about 2 years waiting on a spot to call it's own.. I think it finally got it's spot.
Considering I put the 220 drop right by that corner it seems appropriate the compressor would go there. Kelly helped me find a big 220 extension cord so we should be able to go to other places in the garage with the welder and the welder should fit under the tires mounted on the wall in the picture.

Swept and mopped the floor and was done for the day. Garage is a mess but got lots done. Will clean up the tool pile, and regroup on the wagon now that i can move in there again.

You are cruising through projects!!! Congrats on all the stuff you have done this year!

On the electrical issues. Yeah, aren't grounds fun!!! I read about the 60 using the ground on the headlights, so the roundeye conversion has several relays. The schematic looked like pasta night at the Olive garden!

You are cruising through projects!!! Congrats on all the stuff you have done this year!

On the electrical issues. Yeah, aren't grounds fun!!! I read about the 60 using the ground on the headlights, so the roundeye conversion has several relays. The schematic looked like pasta night at the Olive garden!

Yeah I made some harnesses for h4 upgrades for mine and a few others and it was a pita. Finally figured out the switch goes to ground instead of breaking power.

So you going to start traveling with the 62?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom