Builds Project Clifford 40" Tires 0" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While down at Overland Expo west this year, I went down there with one purpose to find accessories that I want to bolt up to Clifford. That did not pan out very well as Overland Expo this year was full of Tacoma's and Sprinters. I know that the 80 is an old girl and old news to many of the vendors these day. I was shocked by how poor the selection of aftermarket options are for these 22 year old vehicles.

I think other than our HDJ81, Go Fast Campers was the only other company who had an 80 in their booth.

While down at Overland Expo west this year, I went down there with one purpose to find accessories that I want to bolt up to Clifford. That did not pan out very well as Overland Expo this year was full of Tacoma's and Sprinters. I know that the 80 is an old girl and old news to many of the vendors these day. I was shocked by how poor the selection of aftermarket options are for these 22 year old vehicles.

The rear bumper will most likely be a Delta unit, however I will not run a spare tire. I never ran one on my TJ with 40" tires and I put over 50K miles on that rig and played in all the fun spots, Hammers, Moab, Rubicon, ECT with only one flat that I was able to plug with a simple plug kit.

The front bumper options are limited, a majority of the designs out there look like they were built in the late 90's or simple designs that I could created out of our shop over the weekend. I'm wanting something similar to what AEV puts out, the best looking thing I found was this ARB bumper built for the 200 series Land Cruisers.

I will be ordering up this bumper and cutting it down in both length, width and height to match it up to the much smaller 80 series Land Cruiser.

View attachment 2032909
The Ironman Delux Bull Bar for the 80 series looks very close to that 200 series bumper... look it up or I can post a pic here if you would like. @SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr has one Front Bumpers

Awesome build so far!

Yeah I have an Ironman deluxe front bumper and I went with it for a more “modern” styled bumper. That was before the newer ARBs started rolling out so there are some slight differences, but for the most part it might be easier to start with one of these instead of a 200 series ARB.

It does hang down pretty far though, and I’m itching to modify it.

If I were to get another Ironman bumper, I’d get the commercial and add my own lights into the wings.

E4DB2D2B-B9D7-40BE-A137-D63A413B2F6D.jpeg

Last edited:
What is you frame height just behind the Tcase crossmember? Im guessing 18"...

OK, its been a few months now... it's time to lift her hood & reveal the inner front 👀 fenders.
Will you show all the kind folks what was moved or removed to allow more uptravel of the 40s?

I like to see it flexed out and to know what off set the Wheels are.

Last edited:
This thread seems to have been abandoned.

When this truck first appeared on MUD last year everybody doubted it and talked crap. A year later the owner (who owns a fab shop mind you) creates a build thread and posts a ton of pictures of all the fab work that went into it, not simply just cutting fenders like everybody assumed.

And now because they haven't been online in 4 months and kept this thread updated, we're back to doubting them again?

When this truck first appeared on MUD last year everybody doubted it and talked crap. A year later the owner (who owns a fab shop mind you) creates a build thread and posts a ton of pictures of all the fab work that went into it, not simply just cutting fenders like everybody assumed.

And now because they haven't been online in 4 months and kept this thread updated, we're back to doubting them again?
Doubting what? A question was asked back in July and has yet to be answered. So, yes, it “seems” that this thread has been abandoned.

The thread has not been abandoned. Its just this time of year we are super buys, so busy in fact that I have not installed a single screw in the 80 putting it back together after it was delivered from the paint/body shop. Sorry about that, here in a few months things will slow down and I will have more time to add the accessories.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, looking forward to see your camping & trail adventures with your boys...
Thats good to know... to compare my 3" suspension & 37s is 20"

Last edited:
The thread has not been abandoned. Its just this time of year we are super buys, so busy in fact that I have not installed a single screw in the 80 putting it back together after it was delivered from the paint/body shop. Sorry about that, here in a few months things will slow down and I will have more time to add the accessories.

View attachment 2155917

Are those Method 105's 17x9 -38mm/3.5?

Thanks for the exceptional costumer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom