Builds Project Clifford 40" Tires 0" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One extreme to the next... looks like a 5" lift on that thing.
The OME 861/862 would be a great choice for this rig.

Damn I love this thing. Also agree with that lift it needs some bigger tires lol. At $23k it was a good deal.

The tires are fine,the lift is to big.
It may come down some with
bumpers,Armor,spare tire and a winch.
2.5 “ lift would have been perfect JMHO.

One extreme to the next... looks like a 5" lift on that thing.
The OME 861/862 would be a great choice for this rig.
Too bad there is not such thing as gears low enough and axlels strong enough to wheel it hard unless tons are in the picture.

Too bad there is not such thing as gears low enough and axlels strong enough to wheel it hard unless tons are in the picture.
All a matter of opinion!! :p
1657317022940.png

Lots of folks with 40’s wheel their trucks hard.

Edit: Broski beat me to it!
You are preaching to the quire. I run 37’s with the low range gears and 4.88’s. All that’s left is weaker 5.29’s and a small gain from the high range under drive gears. I know what low gearing is through experience and what we have is not low gearing. The saving grace is a very smooth power deliver from the engine through a good transmission. Our torque converters do very well even compared to 4Runners I’ve seen struggling with higher stall speed.

You are preaching to the quire. I run 37’s with the low range gears and 4.88’s. All that’s left is weaker 5.29’s and a small gain from the high range under drive gears. I know what low gearing is through experience and what we have is not low gearing. The saving grace is a very smooth power deliver from the engine through a good transmission. Our torque converters do very well even compared to 4Runners I’ve seen struggling with higher stall speed.
Yeah Whatever, I have all of that and it has held up to the hard stuff with all four tires barking.

You had a chance to come witness it this weekend on Fordyce ;) :cool:

Loading up in between posts :p

Why not just run a black box?

Why not just run a black box?
Spend how much money to subject myself to the problems others are dealing with on the black box and do what with my gas tank? I get by just like everyone else depending on the smooth, positive power delivery. Try wheeling tough trails with the gearing we have and a Toyota manual trans that’s maybe 4:1. Would not be easy. Our automatic makes up for lack of low gears except on steep descents over loose terrain where I just tell myself, at least my rig has AC and soaks up these bumps well. The ride home should be comfy.

If the Clifford build is the cats meow, why did it get sold so quickly?

Clifford is a sweet looking Rig for sure, but it's missing the stuff needed to be a Competent wheeler !! Just sayin

I’d like to find out what wheel tubs he used in the back that’s pretty cool.. I’d like to go to 40s eventually but they just don’t fit

4AFF8F13-97D7-4A82-ADA8-AABCEBF64386.jpeg

I’d like to find out what wheel tubs he used in the back that’s pretty cool.. I’d like to go to 40s eventually but they just don’t fit

View attachment 3053922
He had the difficult body work done at a college body shop. @Broski In this photo I see that Edgar still runs OEM rear shafts and we know he wheels hard. Are the RCV’s snake oil???

He had the difficult body work done at a college body shop. @Broski In this photo I see that Edgar still runs OEM rear shafts and we know he wheels hard. Are the RCV’s snake oil???
😂 I blew my wheeling budget this year…gotta finish the front up first and get it all dialed. Finally going wheelin next week for the Black hills cruiser classic.

Lots of inner fender work left up front. @Broski inner fender work is badass. Goals Dude!

I’m definitely gonna get the rear RCV’s this winter sometime when I can afford them. Gotta extend my rear bumps for now.

131D9D39-622D-49EC-A9B2-3734557A6170.jpeg

586D5D1A-013D-472C-93EF-CAD13E0E44D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Hard to say, I do think they are stronger then the OEMs and I have seen OEMs twisted.

😂 I blew my wheeling budget this year…gotta finish the front up first and get it all dialed. Finally going wheelin next week for the Black hills cruiser classic.

Lots of inner fender work left up front. @Broski inner fender work is badass. Goals Dude!

I’m definitely gonna get the rear RCV’s this winter sometime when I can afford them. Gotta extend my rear bumps for now.

View attachment 3053953

View attachment 3053954
That 3link looks sweet !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom