Builds Project 16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

got some work done today with 3 generations of us. my parents are visiting, so my dad, myself and my son all got the first fender on. final pics to come tomorrow, but here are the mock up ones.
dscf1002-jpg.952294

dscf1003-jpg.952295

it is jstncs's bender, IIRC it's a JD Squared. the bend radius is a bit shorter than the stock fenders, but we will make it work. jstncse made his first and they look great.

got both fenders done except the skins and center brace. first is pics of the mounting. we made them removable, so a bolt on bracket front with a nut welded inside, and the back has an inner sleeve with a hole for a bolt. I will make a center support as well that will bolt on one end or the other.
dscf1005-jpg.952688

dscf1011-jpg.952690

dscf1009-jpg.952692

here is the second side being made and the final mounting.
dscf1006-jpg.952696

dscf1010-jpg.952697

dscf1008-jpg.952699

our cage is coming next. I like how you can get a different bend radius with different dies. of course that means more dies to buy...

this week we have tackled the FZJ80 under dash wiring harness. over 50% of it is now gone, though you can't tell from the pics. :D there are a few wires that I am labeling that will have to be extended, since I don't have the other parts to the harness that go back from the doors. there are a few things still to cull out, but it's getting closer!
img_20141103_202323-jpg.962075

img_20141103_202351-jpg.962076

:lol:I was actually excited at that point and was moving pretty fast. it will get bad when I have to install it and connect to the body harness...:confused:

:lol:I was actually excited at that point and was moving pretty fast. it will get bad when I have to install it and connect to the body harness...:confused:

I'm building a Fiat Spider with a V6, VVT Cadillac CTS motor in it. Wiring brought me to a dead stop, I've got the hard part of the issue done (I paid someone else to create an engine harness).... but now I need to get back to it - so seeing you in the pile of wires brought back that I do need to get back to it.... right after I finish my '40, and maybe my Land Rover... oh yeah, and my 50 Buick... but right after that... I'm all over it. I'll only have to live to 150 to get it all done - I should call them my fountain of youth projects...

Brock is 14.5 years old, so a year and a half. :lol:

superbuick- you are worse than me for projects!

got a little time to work on the under bed tool box. Brock got to tack it together. he was very excited to get to weld. this was his first time.
dscf1015-jpg.965768

thank you. it's a slow process. just ordered lights for the tail end and made the template for the mounting plate. pics coming soon.

yes, I did. we are just tacking it there. I'm careful not to weld it sitting flush on the concrete. good to check that I knew that though. :cheers:
I am a firefighter and have seen cement, block, mortar, etc. spal from heat and once splatter shrapnel at me.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom