Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whant me to take a pic of my back yard??

You should have seen my living room while my build was underway....all body panels except the tub were stored there long enough for my wife to claim she deserves saint hood....but then she exaggerates when it comes to the Land Cougar (as she calls it because it's my 40+ year old mistress).

In keeping with the purpose of this thread...I have seat belt extensions and various interior lighting elements to add if ever the weather is warm on a weekend when I have time to work on the 40. So far, the only weekends when I had time to relax were of the frozen kind.

Got this guy going on tomorrow

IMG_20170330_190547.jpg

As always anyone is welcome to stop by give a hand, work on your truck, or BS and have a beer.

I didn't want to do any real work today so I painted my other fender. And it turned into this!!

IMG_2017.JPG

Only one side I'm not as ambitious as Bob.

IMG_2019.JPG

Last edited:
Ya it was to late by the time I realized. I'll scrape that off on a rock.

20170406_135538-jpg.1435661

While in a plumbing mission to Ace Hardware, I got this idea for some attach/detach handles for the windshield on the 40.
CoSt me about $10 or so as I sprung for the stainless.
Plumbing valve twist knob, two stainless m8 bolts, two nuts, and four split washers.
I was going to red loctite the nut and spin them with an impact, but two opposing wrenches get them plenty tight.

Now I just hope this windshield bolts are m8, I'll confirm once the rain settles.

View attachment 20170406_135538.jpg

Cut stuff and bent tube.

Can I say that bending tube is hard?! Props to the guys that build rock bouncers. I know they use software to figure it all out, but still. This little hoop took me about 12 hours... really made me question how smart I thought I was.

IMG_1390.JPG

Cut stuff and bent tube.

Can I say that bending tube is hard?! Props to the guys that build rock bouncers. I know they use software to figure it all out, but still. This little hoop took me about 12 hours... really made me question how smart I thought I was.

View attachment 1445121

hahaha when i did the internal roll cage in my 62 I bent it out of 3/4 EMT first so I could adjust it before matching it with the cage tubing

Swapped out my front motor mounts today.
(And learned that my upper right radiator support bracket let go from the top of the rad and needs to be brazed back on).

Drilled the new DS mount to accept a bolt. I will use the end of a poly spring bushing to allow some flex in the mount.

20170422_180532.jpg
20170422_180603.jpg

As suspected, the DS mount was toast:
20170423_182247.jpg

View attachment 20170423_182241.jpg

Swapped out my front motor mounts today.
(And learned that my upper right radiator support bracket let go from the top of the rad and needs to be brazed back on).

Drilled the new DS mount to accept a bolt. I will use the end of a poly spring bushing to allow some flex in the mount.

View attachment 1446757 View attachment 1446758
As suspected, the DS mount was toast:View attachment 1446811

View attachment 1446815

Nice to see follow from what you found at the tech day at Ryan's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom