Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I confirmed OTRAMM can do 37x12.5 tires.
If you are looking at getting new tire and wheels, consider having them sent to OTRAMM for mounting and balancing, or see what Ryan can do for you regarding tire/wheel deals.

Christmas came early. Ordered all my new parts from Cruiser Outfitters on Wednesday. Received them on Friday. UPS is definitely not under quarantine!

A90B6B91-8E8C-47FA-9598-975608DFF081.jpeg

CE491C69-DF1F-41B3-AE6F-95A52D94D738.jpeg

F991856F-362A-4070-8020-3523FE2BC72C.jpeg

Anyone ever have difficulty pulling a front axle out of the housing? I have the flats aligned with the trunions, but it’s not wanting to slide out. I haven’t gone gorilla on it yet....

B7FC645F-DC83-4135-9BEB-DF83E5B8F16A.jpeg

Anyone ever have difficulty pulling a front axle out of the housing? I have the flats aligned with the trunions, but it’s not wanting to slide out. I haven’t gone gorilla on it yet....

View attachment 2251986
Have you drained the diff? Remove the steering arms and lower knuckle bearing cover. Sometimes you have to pull really hard. A bit in the end of the bird and a slide hammer might also do the trick.

Have you drained the diff? Remove the steering arms and lower knuckle bearing cover. Sometimes you have to pull really hard. A bit in the end of the bird and a slide hammer might also do the trick.

Yea, I drained the diff but haven’t loosened the steering arm or lower bearing cover yet. Will do that after making a grocery run and report back. Thanks

@HoundDog take the top and bottom trunnions off keeping track of the shims.if you are doing a rebuild. Or drop the bottom and loosen the top. If you are not taking the knuckle off.

Got the bottom trunnion off but the top won’t budge. Tried hammer and brass drift, propane torch, and now I got this masterpiece off redneck engineering going trying to pull the steering arm off. Stop me if I’m doing something stupid. Doing a full rebuild.

77765196-0807-4F84-9258-BA04F09CFA5A.jpeg

DF6F1B54-865C-4F01-BCF9-CA7F7C36A569.jpeg

I like it! I'd put nuts on the ends of the studs if you haven't already done so.

Are the cone washers off?
I like to tap a small screwdriver in the slot of the cone washer.
The top one is always the hardest one.

Are the cone washers off?
I like to tap a small screwdriver in the slot of the cone washer.
The top one is always the hardest one.

hmmm yea, cone washers, let me work on getting those out

hmmm yea, cone washers, let me work on getting those out
Turn a ball pean hammer upside down so the ball is in the center of the steering arm between the studs, (there is a divot there to hold it in place) and the flat at the top. 16 oz will work. now take a 24 oz or bigger hammer and hit the ball pean hammer. After a few blows it should loose up some and then you can tap the arm up and get a pry bar under the arm to pry it up. Do not forget to wear safety glasses.

You guys just saved my butt. Put away my brass drift and pulled out my brass hammer, put a nut on the studs and started pounding on them, cone washers popped out, steering arm is off. Still trying to get the axle out.

Nothing all that exciting. Started organizing the garage since it really needs it. Found my multimeter I thought I lost.
Also finally pressure washed the 2burner from Fall Crawl, man was there a lot of fat from the burgers baked on there!

Felt good about myself after completing the shackles and pins job so decided to adjust the rear brakes. Panic stopping always induced some wicked tail swinging. Tried to adjust one and the adjuster wouldn't move easily. I had some Napa cylinders on the shelf so plowed ahead stripping everything down. Got to removing the brake lines and they were really nasty so I'm going to order some replacements. I thought I had a set of the cylinder to cylinder lines but I can't find them. I'll get new hardware for the cylinders too while I'm at it.

IMG_20200328_192333101.jpg

Finally ordered skids & new wheels and 33” pizzacutters mounted and balanced from @OTRAMM :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom