PIG THREAD (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Visited the Swine cemetery todayl

A611FDB1-A61A-4A18-BFE7-3EBEA4192A1E.jpeg

Here is the long h42.
1119181842.jpg

You can see the "extension" housing on the right side. The overall length of the "long" 42 is about 14" with the actual case being around 11" and then the extension housing adds another 3" on the back end.

From the look of the pictures, you have a short 42, BUT, the fact that it is a fj60 h42 may work in your favor as having the cross-member is the main difference. You will have to shorten/lengthen your driveshafts, but if I were a betting man, I would bet the 3B/h55 will drop right in on that existing crewmember.

My guess is the main reason he went this route is because the F/2F bellhousings also has the rear motor mounts which is what actually supports the trans and t-case, the 3B likely does not have this and as such the rear of the motor and trans were left in-supported, so he got a 60 trans and crossmember to support the rear of the motor and the trans/t-case combo. He may have even pulled the extension housing off to swap the guts over and to change out the output shaft to work with the 3spd case. Since the mount is in the trans itself and not the extension housing, I bet everything will drop right in and you will be good to go.

You will loose the e-brake, but you could probably add one to the split case if needed. So other than finding a pto box for the split case, you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info!
I'll keep an ear to the ground for the PTO, but won't spend any $ until the new (to me) 3B arrives and I know for sure what I have.

@MScruiser (or anyone who might offer some input) what would be your recommendation for cleaning up this plastic housing and also what would be the best way to clean up the contacts? Guessing a tiny strip of emort cloth for the contacts, but if there is a good way to get in there I'd appreciate any advice.

1124182130.jpg

Follow-up: you ever seen any little riveta like these?
1124182134.jpg

If I can find them, I'm going to drill them out and swap this one over to a different switch.

Appreciate any input. Thanks

@MScruiser (or anyone who might offer some input) what would be your recommendation for cleaning up this plastic housing and also what would be the best way to clean up the contacts? Guessing a tiny strip of emort cloth for the contacts, but if there is a good way to get in there I'd appreciate any advice.

View attachment 1838906

Follow-up: you ever seen any little riveta like these?
View attachment 1838905

If I can find them, I'm going to drill them out and swap this one over to a different switch.

Appreciate any input. Thanks

I’d clean it all with warm water, simple green, and a soft toothbrush. Emory cloth for the contacts, and add some dielectric grease to the contacts before reassembly. You might try some silver polish for the contacts as well, instead of cloth. They are probably copper, and the mild acid in the polish might be enough to remove the oxidation.

No idea about the rivets.

Would I have any issues mounting a stock fj60 steel wheel with a set of 33x10.50s on them onto the 55. Don't know much about the difference in the wheels as far as BS, OS, etc.

Got a line on a set locally and just want to make sure I'm not going to make problems for myself

Would I have any issues mounting a stock fj60 steel wheel with a set of 33x10.50s on them onto the 55. Don't know much about the difference in the wheels as far as BS, OS, etc.

Got a line on a set locally and just want to make sure I'm not going to make problems for myself
Get them from Joel, great deal from a great dude.

Man I gotta get the clutch in the Moose

Thanks for the info!
I'll keep an ear to the ground for the PTO, but won't spend any $ until the new (to me) 3B arrives and I know for sure what I have.

What’s happening with the new motor?

I spent the weekend putting sound deadening on the roof and adding some Thinsulate on the floor between the previously installed Noico and rubber mats.

Damn thing is still loud. I think so much noise comes off that big ass uninsulated hood. I’ll tackle that next.

The FJ60 has me spoiled.

191EA588-B510-4A14-A228-B6E4E1476C88.jpeg

C81881AE-6638-49F5-86B4-BB8AB6BAC11B.jpeg

214E8CCA-F2D5-4221-AD3C-06238A14B0A9.jpeg

E360E01E-61EC-461B-BDEC-4305705BD95C.jpeg

69420D50-993B-4328-91C1-19C33BC4AECA.jpeg

@wngrog what brand is your side mounted track system? Like the idea and I also need to get some installed along the bed of the ole Ford.

And which FR load bars did you order? I know the 55 isn't listed, but all the kits they show look too tall for the 55.

Thanks

Last edited:
What’s happening with the new motor?

Holidays.
Engine is in Denver, seller recently moved to San Diego.
I told him I was in no hurry and would likely not get to it until after the New Year.
I'm busy at work and heading to Big Sky for the holidays.

Still on for now, but that hasn't kept me from lurking around and seeing what's out there for sale.
Never know...

The Warthog v 3.0 took its final ride today.

Big changes coming.

Still the nasty ass disgusting exterior with some gusto under the hood.

More to come.

CE0D272A-C745-410B-A70E-C5340B291B96.jpeg

395A0078-64F3-4FB8-A621-F59414DE8943.jpeg

7133277A-4B51-4925-A5E2-E078DD0D1801.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom