PIG THREAD (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered another 4Plus tire carrier to see if it worked on the Pig and sure enough.

4 holes drilled and it bolts right up.

Bolt-On Tire Carrier via 4Plus Products

1A7B9F46-46E0-44C0-AEE2-3F09BF9BADD1.jpeg

Hmmm...

You need to put the full one on

Yeah, I just can't justify $1,100 just to carry a cooler. For that I will buy an ARB and strap it down inside.

But the carrier, that is on the list.

Last edited:
Low in Memphis last night: 28
Current temp: 34
2000's powerstroke diesel: No start.
1970's toyota diesel: No problem. Started relatively easily.

Neither were plugged in last night.

Same temps as here. 2f jumped to life in an instant this am but took a while to warm up. Cold, loud, completely steamed up windows. It was a great ride to breakfast with three OG mudders :)

Winterland 77 bootleg in the tape deck..... looks like rain seemed uncannily appropriate
upload_2018-11-15_12-57-9.jpeg

So, with the cracked block; I've located another 3B/h55/split case. I'm trying to figure out how much of it to use.
Looking at compatibility.

I have 3b/H42/3 speed case.

Is this the early "short" H42, or later H55 sized one?

16 or 19 spline? How do I know?

Pics in link.

September POTM - Cruiser Guy, Guatemala

Pics below.

Last edited:
Sorry,

Didn't know I could copy and paste pics.

I'd love to use all the new stuff and get a 5th gear, but I'd loose my PTO; unless I can source a split case, 2 direction PTO.

If the winch isn't used a lot, then I'm with @wngrog put the h55 in and keep an eye out for a pto box.

If you use the wench regularly, then can just sell me the h55 :D

As far as which h42 it is, most likely it is a short body. I'm pretty sure the long housing and split case never came in a pig. Do you have a trans x-member? If no, then it is short, w/o the extension. I have one in the garage that I will snap a pic of tonight for you.

Problem is, none of my drivetrain came from a 55. PO installed it.

From PO's build thread:

An H42 tranny housing with bosses for the belly cross member, ala B/FJ60 was found as well as a “B” series input shaft and the guts of the existing H42 was swapped to the new housing along with the “B” series input shaft. I did not want to use the cross member that mounts to the rear of the transfer case, it just doesn’t look very secure to me and it relies on bolts in the aluminum transfer case as well. A new transfer case needed to be found as well and an older 3 speed transfer case from a ’71 FJ40 was used for the lower low range. We did not go with the split case due to cost as well as the need to either swap the rear axle (to gain an e-brake) or add an e-brake to the split case, adding even more costs.

I think the H42 housing is from a 60. Probably the short one since 3 speed case?

Maybe these pics help?
I have no frame of reference for comparison.
IMG_3521.JPG
IMG_3523.JPG

Hmmm, interesting animal. I will be home in an hour or so and will get some pictures and measurements on the long h42.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom