Events/Trails Pig Party 2019 (1 Viewer)

What Type of Pig Party?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

couple more

P6260481.JPG

P6200340.JPG

P6200339.JPG

P6220397.JPG

P6220381.JPG

That TravelAll was allegedly for the Harlem Globetrotters.

We should have bought it...

That’s what I was told about the Globetrotters. Being next to the airport though it’s kind of a tough story to believe. I would guess it was more of something ordered specially for the base.

I looked online and apparently they made many of them not just that one.

I looked online and apparently they made many of them not just that one.

Wagon Wednesday: 1968 International Atlas 12

Posted on October 3, 2012

This post originally appeared here, at Hooniverse.com.

Someone took the name Travelall very seriously when they created this 12 door International. Oddly, at this time, it doesn’t have five rows of seating, but rather, a vintage moonshine still in the rear of the vehicle. The owner claims that it was ordered for the Harlem Globetrotters and that they used it for four years.
Today, it is in surprisingly good condition. Click through for one more photo and more information about this monstronsity.
According to the information sign in the window, this vehicle features the following:
The only 12 door car in the world!
Built at the factory in Fort Smith, Arkansas, brand new in 1968
Ordered for the Harlem Globetrotters (Used 4 years)
Appeared in 3 short scenes of the movie “Independence Day” starring Will Smith
Options: Auto-trans, P.S., P.B., 345 Gas V-8, 2 gas tanks, 3 heaters, 3 drivelines, 12 doors.

All those doors, and a Jaguar hood emblem, for good measure. Thank you, GhostTownNevada!

Last edited:
When I was a boy those where used all around LAX. They were remote parking Jitneys and surrounding hotel shuttles. They were a fixture of the 30 cent a gallon gasoline era like the Checker cab. No doubt many found their way to promotional and clown car "applications".

Meadowlark Lemon and Curly O'Neal, my spelling might be off, but two of my favorites.
Great names I remember

I first saw the Globetrotters in Winnipeg Canada in 1961 and again at UCSB (Santa Barbara) in the late 60's
Do they still exist??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom