Pig Party - 2018? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If @J Mack doesn’t want to deal with it,
If you have a guy that will print the shirts and you’re willing to deal with all the design, color and sizing before the party then just let me know if you need any of my help otherwise I’ll take a large and thank you very much.

View attachment 1679823

If @J Mack doesn’t want to deal with it,
I can have a Pp18 batch printed up with whatever piggy pic everyone agrees with. I can have my art buddy Brian make some proofs to choose from before printing.
Let’s all go commando this year like this piggy

0586F401-2FD6-4698-8B7C-ABF40C8CE570.jpeg

If you have a guy that will print the shirts and you’re willing to deal with all the design, color and sizing before the party then just let me know if you need any of my help otherwise I’ll take a large and thank you very much.

Ok. Im on it. If everyone would please post 55 or group 55 photos for my guy to work with, I’ll get some proofs going for approval.

We need to nail down the trail rides and who will pick them. Seems to be plenty of trails to pick, just need someone who knows them well and willing to take charge. Takes a lot of confusion away from all of us. Not dropping any names here, but Evan or Hank or ? :)

Riderrjgs, you planning on writing the new article for TT? I liked the idea of everyone submitting some of their best shots, we have a lot of good shutterbugs with an eye for that. I have a hard time taking a picture of a wrench.

The last time I was put in charge, my wife left me, the kids disowned me and the dog pissed on my foot, so I'll just make sure the beer stays cold. If anybody has an idea for anything let's talk about it now, only 2 months to go my brothers! :beer:

Ron:
Posted earlier that I've talked with Stan Wright and he's up for another article, which I will do. Also told everyone to be ready to contribute photos as we all did last year. Bonnie will also be taking pics. I'm totally on board with the idea of a group effort...after all, that's how this whole thing got started.
See you in a couple of months...on the road in Albuquerque right now helping my son celebrate his birthday. On to Phoenix for a night with friends Friday, then to San Diego to catch up with Bonnie and help our daughter celebrate her birthday. Back to Colorado on Tuesday. Damn good thing Bonnie left the keys to her X-5 Bimmer. Quite the ride for a road warrior.

Ok. Im on it. If everyone would please post 55 or group 55 photos for my guy to work with, I’ll get some proofs going for approval.
We need to nail down the trail rides and who will pick them. Seems to be plenty of trails to pick, just need someone who knows them well and willing to take charge. Takes a lot of confusion away from all of us. Not dropping any names here, but Evan or Hank or ? :)

Riderrjgs, you planning on writing the new article for TT? I liked the idea of everyone submitting some of their best shots, we have a lot of good shutterbugs with an eye for that. I have a hard time taking a picture of a wrench.

The last time I was put in charge, my wife left me, the kids disowned me and the dog pissed on my foot, so I'll just make sure the beer stays cold. If anybody has an idea for anything let's talk about it now, only 2 months to go my brothers! :beer:

Happy to help. Getting pretty excited for this party and to see all of your ugly mugs again. Can’t believe it’s been a year already.

So I’ve done some research on optional trail routes up there but in full disclosure, I’ve never been on the North Rim. While I’m happy to pick up the torch, unfortunately I don’t have any experience up there. Most of my research has come up with lightly technical but scenic trail rides. Does that sound okay? Perhaps Evan has some insights on some additional trails?

Somewhere back i posted trail options , i have a file at home of that area i can revisit , Most of the trails in that area are scenic Yes . I have been on all but one in the last year before they closed for winter . am willing to discuss options avail with the crowd .

Thanks guys, that would be great to have this done before we get there. I can't speak for everyone, but whatever trails you pick will be fine. I'm looking forward to having some fun, seeing some sites and getting the wagon in the dirt.

pg 16 ,starts the trails listed as options . take down names and google away .

Rough plan , day trips starting from jacobs lake .. 1) obvious . trip to north rim. visitor center , Cape Royal , sublime point , fire point , up to Ryan . then back to base . approx 150 miles depends on diversions , 90 % dirt roads .... fuel avail in jacobs .
2) Torroweep overlook , best ,, closest point to the river , can take the hiking trail to the river from there from jacobs 212 miles round trip 99 % dirt roads , fuel in fredonia AZ ,and jacobs .. worth the drive .
3) White Pockets ,,,, unique rock formations as pictured in above post 110 miles round trip all dirt roads , heavy sand 4x4 needed . one of my favorite to be lost in the desert . explore for a few hrs then back to base .. fuel in jacobs ..
4) Kodachrome basin , cottonwood canyon up to the park .. all scenic , puts you 20 minutes from bryce canyon .. long drive milage unknown approx 200 round trip . has 2 arch features , and one small hiking slot canyon , some hoodoos , fuel in jacobs ,and outside kodachrome .
5) Sand Hollow ,, more accessible trails than Moab . all 4x4 needed ,,,group size would dictate which would be run . 2.5 hrs from base camp .. for those wanting to test you rigs potential this is it .. fuel in jacobe , Fredonia , saint george ,hurricane , ... would be a long day
6) Marble canyon ---Lees Ferrry ... scenic . all paved , 130 round trip ,, fuel in jacobs ,,
take this information . and look for your self . i have plans to drive all of these routes again before said pig run .. add or delete ..thing you want to see and i will plan a route there

That's cool! One thing to consider is the day of the potluck, we will probably need a short day again in order to get the feast ready. Other than that, let's roll! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom