Pics of my Huge Woody !!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think it would look really cool on a root beer colored 60. Not near as "contrasty" as mine. Thanks everyone for the comments. Maybe I am doing a thing or two right with it.

I didn't and I will give you a head start on the learning curve. If you cut it exactly like I did the first door panel, you have to stick it perfectly. It does allow for some lift off and reapply but only so much. What I did was make a rubbing of the body line and transfer it to the material. You get a very good panel this way.

I however found that I could put it on a little big and trim it when it was on the truck. I am quite good with an exacto and was able to mostly cut the decal and not the paint:whoops:.

Hope this helps ya.

That's the closest I've ever come to actually liking woodgrain on a vehicle(normally despise it no matter the vehicle)!

Thanks everyone. Well after a couple months of hot ass Houston and several washes, I can report that there have been absolutely NO issues to report. Very pleased so far.

001 (4).jpg

DSC01877.jpg

Hey, this looks real sharp. I've been thinking of putting some on my buffalo brown 60.

I found this cool vinyl tutorial awhile back. Check it out, the guy covered an entire C5 corvette in matte black vinyl. LOTS of work there. Scroll down 1/4 way to where he follows a countour line on a gutter. He uses fineline tape to put on the contour, lays the vinyl over, cuts on the tape, then pulls it out and sticks the vinyl. I think that approach would work really well on the 60's side contours that you followed. Put the tape along the edge, and cut.

FYI for future woodgrain/vinyl LC owners!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-...ping-diy-tutorial-lengthy-and-major-pics.html

"
Scotch® Fine Line Tape

Extruded matte finish polypropylene film masking tape that stretches easily over curves and tears easily by hand for sharp, clean paint lines."

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Funny. I thought about doing that very thing. I was on the last pannel when it occurred to me though. Maybe the next time. Great video.

Hey FARMAN33 The Ebony Di-NOC looks awesome on your FJ60. I'm doing a simular project and your FJ was the only one I could find in use on the exterior of a vehicle on the entire internet. I noticed you posted another pick in 2017. How has the vinyl held up?

@HemiAlex It was the Memorial Day flood in 2016. Submerged under 8 ft of water for two days (Allen Parkway). I saw pics of it about a year ago and it was still on. Hard to tell if it still looked good. It is a great product and easy to work with once you get the hang of it.

27BFE775-6585-49B6-9C77-35084C0C745B.jpeg

...and after

A9B2028C-9858-4664-BEDD-AD1288D35F9F.jpeg
00268B4E-365E-47B1-8373-0134D6A4F0E5.jpeg

These bigger pictures make it look like it has held up well. It is now just a "roller" no engine or trans or wiring. It has had about 3 or 4 owners post flood.

@NeverGiveUpYota sorry to disapoint.

Last edited:
@FARMAN33 thanks for getting back with me on such an old thread. What a bummer. I'm pretty set on using it on a Grand Wagoneer I'm building. I'm going to try to cut it on my vinyl cutter and considering clearing over it for a little more UV protection and to gloss it up. If anyone is interested I'll post the outcome on here.

@Hojack When I sold it, it had a fully sealed, plumbed and functioning snorkle. The woman that bought it from me got tired of carb life and put an EFI on it (thus rendering the snorkle decorative). Floods come and her son goes to rescue his girlfriend thinking 4' of water with a snorkle is no sweat (SOA on 37"). He got in a little more than that at the bottom of the bridge and swam out. It would eventually have about 7-8' of water ON TOP OF IT!

UFJ60!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom