Picked up another Ford.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you look at the rear, it has a damn fine departure angle with the axle set back that far.

Are those 3 rib tractor tires on the front?

It's cool, I love it.

Simple and durable.

Hard to believe people used to drive cross country in those..:cool:

SO RIGHT ON MAN!!! Can't wait to see all the stuff you do to it!

Love the wooden roll bars!!!

I'm buying a mustang to share with my father. He's been sick but has a few years to go yet. He's in Georgia and I'm in Boston so we're going to share the car every 6 months. His first car was a 1967 fastback so I'm trying to find something similar to what he had. It'll be a little pricey but I can pass it down to my son when he's older.

have fun!!!

If you look at the rear, it has a damn fine departure angle with the axle set back that far.

Are those 3 rib tractor tires on the front?

It's cool, I love it.

Yep, those are three rib implement tires that have been on the car as long as I can remember. I have not even added air to them.

:beer:

Great story and a great car! I really like the spark plug "wires".

Well the "wires" I removed were solid core fabric covered copper house wire. I still have them. :)

:beer:

You look just like your mother. :D

Nice rig man. Now you just need some skinny tires for it. I'll bet a 40 roof would come close to fitting on that thing. Maybe a cut down 60 roof.

Todd and I are sittin' here with a rum and reminising. It's like well below 0F and the rum takes off the edge you know. Good to see you guys are keeping busy.

I guess your not coming to the River Shiver this year, maybe next. Too bad, you'll miss out on the Landcruiser curling.

Poser

My neighbor came over and looked through your thread. Here are his comments. He is helping your restore it back to original, not bashing you in any way at all.

"Steve nice model A!

Toudoos are fairly easy to come by you should be able to get a top for.
the battery box goes under the floor boards which are not there.
the coil does on the firewall.
the nob on the insterment panel is were the pop out switch goes.

at lest you are driving it.

Congrats

Tim"

Last edited:
Very fun! I really enjoyed the pics and story. See you at BHCC this year.

WOW

Poser,

That is awesome. The car is nice, but the fact that you have the history and how it brings the family together makes it one of a kind!

See you this weekend!

Casey

Steve you need to leave it as is. That is just too cool of a car to change. Maybe just fix the floor and other things to get it where it runs well and brakes well and leave the rest alone. Could you just put a sealer coat on it?

great reading, there isn't anything more meaningful then "where we come from", and having good times to look back on.

This is what life is all about, creating memories that put smiles on our faces:).:beer:

Glad I finally discovered this section of the site. This is the coolest thread I've seen in my 6 months on mud. I don't think it even needs a sealer coat, just keep it in a shed. ... Awesome Car!!! and how cool that your folks are involved.

Poser, You are a lucky man!!
You have no idea how much I would love to have a family hertiage vehicle.
I have been looking for a '67 Buick Sport Wagon for a dozen years and even if I found one it wouldn't be "the one".
Great story, Thanks for sharing, keep us posted on any progress or cool pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom