Builds Patch's Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@cruiserpatch This thread is sad without any updates!
I know a lot is going on in your world but you gotta feed us some updates too!

@cruiserpatch This thread is sad without any updates!
I know a lot is going on in your world but you gotta feed us some updates too!
Dang. Yeah i’ve been so busy…

Let’s see, here are a couple photos:

Added patches to the website! (high demand item)

Hung out with Chip Rosenberger from BudBuilt at Cruisers on the Rocks. Got a bit tipsy on trail 51 Panther Rock, busted an OEM lexus wheel on trail 35 (Windrock Park)

NOVA8164-PTCH-1.png

IMG_9120.jpeg

IMG_7367.jpeg

71996615921__3CD9AC61-183E-4629-95D9-F9481775F576.jpeg

IMG_9049.jpeg

My good friend Alex pulled out the b-pillar after the rollover. He also fixed my fender, roof, and quarter panel. What a saint!

I added some Aussie-style scrub rails to protect what’s left of my fenders haha

Last photo shows some awesome flex with the new @PerryParts front bumpstops and OEM Land Cruiser torsion bars (swapped out the Ironman TBs since they didn’t allow the truck to flex/uptravel)

IMG_8968.jpeg

IMG_8969.jpeg

IMG_8970.jpeg

71901519689__E7243231-24D3-4C32-B861-88EE2211AC05.jpeg

IMG_2626.jpeg

Wow Patch! NO wonder you have been busy!
What srub bars are those? Will they hold the whole truck's weight if ever needed?

Wow Patch! NO wonder you have been busy!
What srub bars are those? Will they hold the whole truck's weight if ever needed?
They're ARB bars. I have a contact who can get them for me even though they're usually out of stock around here.

I had to modify them a fair amount to get them to fit on my white knuckle sliders and Ironman bull bar.

They will definitely not support the weight of the truck in a rollover, and the way I installed them, they will contact the fender if pushed on significantly by a mud bank or the like. They're fairly thin steel but better than nothing.

IMG_9004.jpeg
IMG_9007.jpeg

OMG...yeah busy few weeks.

Love the body work solutions and get-after-it-ness. You did a number on that whole side. I'd say you covered all you could. ;)
I was fortunate that a rock prevented a completely rollover. It banged in the roof pretty well but saved me a lot more heartache.

Most importantly, I'm amazed that I emerged without a single scratch.

*tis but a flesh wound* 🍷

They're ARB bars. I have a contact who can get them for me even though they're usually out of stock around here.

I had to modify them a fair amount to get them to fit on my white knuckle sliders and Ironman bull bar.

They will definitely not support the weight of the truck in a rollover, and the way I installed them, they will contact the fender if pushed on significantly by a mud bank or the like. They're fairly thin steel but better than nothing.

View attachment 3475915View attachment 3475917
Awesome! I am the exact same set up with WKOR sliders and ironman bullbar and have destroyed my fender on a prev. truck. Can your contact source another pair?

Destroyed fender on a prev. truck:
20190616_182035.jpg

Awesome! I am the exact same set up with WKOR sliders and ironman bullbar and have destroyed my fender on a prev. truck. Can your contact source another pair?

Destroyed fender on a prev. truck:
View attachment 3475985
Rails are 3-5 months out from being restocked. ARB USA imports them from Australia and I bought the last three sets in the country... (already spoken for)

Cruiser Outfitters may still have some ability to source them as well. Not sure if they have any stateside...

Rails are 3-5 months out from being restocked. ARB USA imports them from Australia and I bought the last three sets in the country... (already spoken for)

Cruiser Outfitters may still have some ability to source them as well. Not sure if they have any stateside...

I'd have to look and see if we have them in stock, we definitely have ARB bumpers in the warehouse. We've sold installed many of the side rail/step setups over the years, I've had them on my 100 and 200. They are a pretty low volume part so like many similar offerings, it comes from Aus when ordered if ARBUSA doesn't have in any of their US warehouses.

Started a business, asked a girl to date me (she said ‘yes’), got a new job (then quit that job this week), and rolled my truck all in the same three weeks.

I’m trying my best here 😂

Oh to be young..

Have you tried the Perry rear bump stops yet?

Oh to be young..

Have you tried the Perry rear bump stops yet?
Youth ain't killed me yet hahaha

Haven't tried the rears. I've got something special coming soon to cruiserpatch.com... might involve our friend Patrick Perry

Over time the buttons on the 98-02 LX have stopped working due to the plastic brackets breaking away from the circuit board.

I’ve added a hardware kit to the website with everything needed to add stability to the climate controls again:

Some have elected to swap out the LX controls for the knob-style from the LC. Might be a worthwhile upgrade if this doesn’t fix it to your standards.

NOVA8190-ACLX-1K.png

NOVA8188-ACLX-1K.png

NOVA8181-ACLX-1K.png

Patch,
Any recent pictures of your truck / your efforts to restore her to pre-roll condition? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom