P0420 and P0430 - 2006 LC (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I received A/R sensor today and they sent me different part number.

If it fits, and I think it will, will it cause any difference/issues?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If I were you, I would not attempt to put those in. They look nothing like what they are supposed to and you would most likely have to remove them again and put the correct ones in. It actually looks like a Walker part number. It matters a great deal which ones go in there. If yours is a 2007 then they should be the same as my 2006. The part numbers should be:

passenger side: 89467-60020
driver's side: 89467-71020

Toyota lists different part numbers for each side but Denso (which is what I used) only lists a single part# for both sides: 234-9051.

If I were you, I would not attempt to put those in. They look nothing like what they are supposed to and you would most likely have to remove them again and put the correct ones in. It actually looks like a Walker part number. It matters a great deal which ones go in there. If yours is a 2007 then they should be the same as my 2006. The part numbers should be:

Toyota lists different part numbers for each side but Denso (which is what I used) only lists a single part# for both sides: 234-9051.

it says on ebay and alibaba website that those number are interchange with 234-9051 denso

Toyota Sequoia Tundra Tacoma V8 Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 89467-04060 234-9051 15996 | eBay

Alibaba Manufacturer Directory - Suppliers, Manufacturers, Exporters & Importers 

I don't see how. My A/F sensor did not look like that from Denso. Install at your own risk.

What year is your LC? That looks like something for a six cylinder. The Alibaba link says it is for 2006-2007 Tundra or Toyota.

I don't see how. My A/F sensor did not look like that from Denso. Install at your own risk.

What year is your LC? That looks like something for a six cylinder. The Alibaba link says it is for 2006-2007 Tundra or Toyota.

It's lx 07

Ya it's for tundra 4.7 with same engine.

I double checked and its oem denso

image.jpeg

So, let me get this straight. You start out by posting that they sent you the wrong part number and now you are convinced it is the right part number? You don't have to convince me of anything. Put whatever you want in your LC but be sure to post back the results when you are done.

I'd make very sure o2 sensor is a match to your year 07 and model (Land Cruiser or LX) using a Toyota or Denso parts info, not a general retail web sight like ebay, amazon etc...

It's returnable or resalable until you install, then value drops in 1/2.

So, let me get this straight. You start out by posting that they sent you the wrong part number and now you are convinced it is the right part number? You don't have to convince me of anything. Put whatever you want in your LC but be sure to post back the results when you are done.

i am not trying to convince you. i was trying to find out if the part number/AF would work fine or i will have issues.
but since it was oem and its compatible with 4.7 engines, i was going to give it a shot, otherwise i will return it.

I'd make very sure o2 sensor is a match to your year 07 and model (Land Cruiser or LX) using a Toyota or Denso parts info, not a general retail web sight like ebay, amazon etc...

It's returnable or resalable until you install, then value drops in 1/2.

Thanks Paul,

that's what i was looking for.

already contacted the seller and provided the part number KYlandy posted earlier.

Thanks

My '07 LX470 with 114k miles triggered the CEL light two days ago and today I read the P0420 code. I appreciate the info here which has helped me develop a game plan to try and get this resolved.

Thanks.

Just a though:

i was looking at some replacement parts date (sheet i keep it for reference) and it looked like that code P0430 started after i replace my fuel filter replacement. the part i got, it was not matching original part number, i think it was for Prado or similar, however, it looked identical to oem.

could it be fuel filter not supplying enough fluid and causing to trigger the code?

I suppose it could. It's possible fuel filter is restricting follow. It may or not effect idle or low speed, but then restrict fuel at higher demand (RPM). A lean fuel air mixture would cause engine to run hot. Not sure how ECU would react.

I've read here in mud a few times of fuel issues with the 06, in-which the fuel pump was to weak (low fuel pressure). This seem to cause issue most notable ascending mountain HWYs. A fuel pressure test may or may not be reveling of fuel restriction.

I'm looking at the maintenance history at this moment on a 06LC. It seem it had P0420 pending June of 2011 at 96K, T-belt & CAT(s) replaced. Then August of 2011 Fuel pump replaced??. I'll need to get some more color on this 06 and it's P0420, but seem they replaced CAT and issue returned. Then never returned after fuel pump replacement (not yet sure fuel pump was replaced). Driver first reported loss of power ascending mountain HWYs starting in 2008.

Using only OEM parts specific to the 100 series and year correct, whether in a Toyota box or not, is always best practice. I just purchased & installed a new OEM Fuel Filter in the 07LC, even though I had a NAPA FF sitting on the shelve.

I suppose it could. It's possible fuel filter is restricting follow. It may or not effect idle or low speed, but then restrict fuel at higher demand (RPM). A lean fuel air mixture would cause engine to run hot. Not sure how ECU would react.

I've read here in mud a few times of fuel issues with the 06, in-which the fuel pump was to weak (low fuel pressure). This seem to cause issue most notable ascending mountain HWYs. A fuel pressure test may or may not be reveling of fuel restriction.

I'm looking at the maintenance history at this moment on a 06LC. It seem it had P0420 pending June of 2011 at 96K, T-belt & CAT(s) replaced. Then August of 2011 Fuel pump replaced??. I'll need to get some more color on this 06 and it's P0420, but seem they replaced CAT and issue returned. Then never returned after fuel pump replacement (not yet sure fuel pump was replaced). Driver first reported loss of power ascending mountain HWYs starting in 2008.

Using only OEM parts specific to the 100 series and year correct, whether in a Toyota box or not, is always best practice. I just purchased & installed a new OEM Fuel Filter in the 07LC, even though I had a NAPA FF sitting on the shelve.
It turned out my fuel filter is OEM denso with part number 23300 -50110
Different than US part number but that's what's Avilable in Middle East.

Next: replace the 4 sensors

Some youtuber have success story with gallon lacquer thinner in gas tank. Any one tried it?

I was able to get my code (P0420) to clear by changing out the air filter. It had been a while and I had just returned from Cruise Moab and it was very dirty. Yesterday though, while running around town the CEL came back with the same code. It seems like this isn't going to be the super simple fix I had hoped it was going to be.

Ok. I swapped the two front A/R with oem part number in post # 221 (not specified for LX470....read posts following 221 for more info) and 2 rear o2 sensor in the back ( denso). Upon starting the truck after replacements, no code were triggered ( big relief, was worried about the front A/Rs). P0430 code was cleared two weeks ago ( usually triggered after 500 miles) and I have only driven the car for less than 10 miles. Hopefully code will not come back ( fingers crossed) but will keep this thread updated.

Am planning to keep the the sensors as backup since I know some of them are working properly. My friend told me to soak them in brake oil for awhile. Is this a good practice or is there better way?

I was able to get my code (P0420) to clear by changing out the air filter. It had been a while and I had just returned from Cruise Moab and it was very dirty. Yesterday though, while running around town the CEL came back with the same code. It seems like this isn't going to be the super simple fix I had hoped it was going to be.

LOL, perhaps your truck is telling you to relax :)

looks like A/Rs are no go. have couple codes p0138 & p2195.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom