Overheating after replacing drive belts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quick update: I drove from my cousin's house in 105 F heat to two different AutoZones to look for the scanguage 2. we used the AC the whole time and total time driving was about 20 minutes until we got the scanguage.

I got the scanguage, set up the settings, and drove for another 20 minutes to the parking garage near the strip in Vegas. AC on the whole time. When idling at a stoplight, the water temperature would rise higher compared to when driving. Most I've seen it rise while idling was 202 F. While driving, it ranged from 195 F in the beginning and rose to 211 F at the end when we got the parking garage. I have a fear now that it would of kept rising...

OEM temperature gauge on the dashboard didn't budge.

Quick update: I drove from my cousin's house in 105 F heat to two different AutoZones to look for the scanguage 2. we used the AC the whole time and total time driving was about 20 minutes until we got the scanguage.

I got the scanguage, set up the settings, and drove for another 20 minutes to the parking garage near the strip in Vegas. AC on the whole time. When idling at a stoplight, the water temperature would rise higher compared to when driving. Most I've seen it rise while idling was 202 F. While driving, it ranged from 195 F in the beginning and rose to 211 F at the end when we got the parking garage. I have a fear now that it would of kept rising...

OEM temperature gauge on the dashboard didn't budge.

Sounds pretty normal for las vegas this time of year. Go see a show or a pole instead of worrying about your engine temps 🤣

Which radiator is in the vehicle now, OEM (new or original?), aluminum with plastic tanks or all metal (brass)??

I forget but if you haven't yet replaced the fan clutch yet that would be a good next step assuming you've already replaced the Tstat with an OEM part.

Sounds pretty normal for las vegas this time of year. Go see a show or a pole instead of worrying about your engine temps 🤣
🤣🤣🤣I can't! I've had heart palpitations all day! Currently walking through the Venetian Mall and I'm now thinking about buying a temperature gun like one of the members here recommended as a backup to my scanguage 😅

🤣🤣🤣I can't! I've had heart palpitations all day! Currently walking through the Venetian Mall and I'm now thinking about buying a temperature gun like one of the members here recommended as a backup to my scanguage 😅

Haha. Your over thinking it. Remember the ecu will shut down the ac before the truck gets hot enough to ruin anything. Between that and a scangauge you should never catastrophically overheat the engine.

Sounds like you're good to keep rolling with your trip.
Trust the scan gauge to give you peace of mind.

I agree, run the Orielly's fan clutch as a temporary/get you home trail fix, but I'd plan to replace it with a tested OEM/AISIN clutch at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom