out with the old, in with the, well, old... (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im feeling a bit conflicted about cleaning up the actual winch now. 3eyeD gave me inspiration witb his....

Maybe ill keep it simple and just bling the little ribs on the upper. ;)

Im feeling a bit conflicted about cleaning up the actual winch now. 3eyeD gave me inspiration witb his....

Ya was gonna say your bling makes that 8274 look like sh!t now but didn't want to be a d!ck :flipoff2:

Do eet!! You won't be disappointed. Then we can talk about contractors, found one thats really affordable and working mighty swell. :beer:

Started installing the elocker today. Tore it down. Cut the hole. Sadly drilling and tapping accurate holes isnt reallly my strong suite. Got all 4 drilled. I thought i was being clever and used a drill bushing. Well looks like one hole ended up pretty crooked and i ended up breaking my tap in the last hole. Fml.
Removing a broken piece of hardened steel can be fun. Hoping i didn't destroy the hole beating the piece out.

So tomorrow i guess it should be functional but more likely the next day or something...

Last edited:
Because everything is better with pics, even stuff that sucks. Today went more or less to plan. I got the diff set up. Used the pinion shim that came with the gearset. I think it was .075". Set the solid spacer, that took three tries, set at about .050". And i had to pull the carrier back out twice because i forgot the fork and lock sleeve have to be in already. The second time because the fork got wedged in the wrong spot. So tomorrow i need to go grab a couple small parts and it should be done.
IMG_20171108_115044877.jpg
IMG_20171108_115107398.jpg
IMG_20171108_143253554_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171108_143333517.jpg
IMG_20171108_174349375.jpg

Last edited:
Heres the suck...or blow, as the case may be. Used this tube once it was basically brand new. Cap was on, felt like 3/4" of setup glue behind the cap end.
Guess its back to Toyota black.

IMG_20171108_174446233.jpg

Yes. Although the spool is ultimate offroad, i am no longer 20. The spool in parking lots and pavement, in general, gets annoying. This will be a nice little "grown upgrade". Get it :flipoff2:
Plus having the Tacoma Elocker is appropriate with the Tacoma motor, right?

Idk. Ive been sitting on this locker for 11 years, figured i may as well make use. ;)

Suck and blow...hahahaha....where's Jesse? Nice progress Gnob.

Man, I've been watching alot of random youtube lately. One thing they say is time isnt real. So it means i don't have to feel like a failure for taking what seemed like way too mutherfxxxing long on this project.

IMG_20171109_165942145.jpg
IMG_20171109_165959027.jpg

Extended the locker motor breather tube. Tucked it up between the bed rib and cross. I scalped a vsv for hose, nipples and filter. Then failed with the pic. :flipoff2:

And i drove it...its been a looong time since ive had one wheel peel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom