ONSC Chat (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Imagine people making enough money to survive and thrive, imagine the adoption rate and competition. If you can make $20 to $30 an hour playing a game who will do landscaping or work at fast food or drive for uber. Makes you think. ;<)

COMMUNITY SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Valvoline Palladium Grease, the moly fortified type that is hard to find as every NAPA store gets an allotment of 2 per year, is available at Oh, Oh, Oh, O'reillys on line for $5.99 for the 14oz tube. Buy 6 and its free shipping, hard to beat for those knuckle jobs or other applications.

Imagine people making enough money to survive and thrive, imagine the adoption rate and competition. If you can make $20 to $30 an hour playing a game who will do landscaping or work at fast food or drive for uber. Makes you think. ;<)

I have a feeling that the types doing the gaming are not the same types doing the landscaping....

@Izzyandsue that seems true now however imagine someone that could do either and they make as much or more playing a competitive video game from their place. Costs to hire laborers could go through the roof.

@Izzyandsue that seems true now however imagine someone that could do either and they make as much or more playing a competitive video game from their place. Costs to hire laborers could go through the roof.
It could, as a possibility. But I think unlikely as a probability. I know a few "kids" that make money on gaming. First, they are very few, and they do have high costs too. Those who are attracted to that level of gaming have to spend so many hours doing it, repetitively, and those characters where not looking to work outdoors anyway, or do manual labor. So they are distinct populations and don't interact much. The "vitamin D deficient group" was likely going to end up in IT, screwing up your online accounts. Just my opinion, and as such is infallible.

It's almost like you know labor work is necessary, but you still think it to be undeserving of living wage.

Weird.

I agree on some people. The difference with this game is that they will pay out in real time as you win and much less dollars. Sort of like a gambling effect and will grow rapidly and more and more users that no longer do actual work. It is going to be strange. It will take years.

It's almost like you know labor work is necessary, but you still think it to be undeserving of living wage.

Weird.
Agreed. It is strange. This work is super hard and will kick your azz and here is $10 bucks and HOUR. It is weird.

Glad to see we agree on that.

Agreed. It is strange. This work is super hard and will kick your azz and here is $10 bucks and HOUR. It is weird.
The trouble is that people now have acceptance of the quality level of the work that so many "skilled" workers put out. "Skilled labor" has replaced "tradesman" in that regard. Sad.

Appraised a building today across the street from a new mazda dealer.... This new model is tight

FB_IMG_1573760248248.jpg
FB_IMG_1573760251943.jpg
FB_IMG_1573760239595.jpg
FB_IMG_1573760243647.jpg

These rings are dangerous for various reasons, but this video is pretty interesting.

Found this. Seems to solve some of the issue of the line jumping off the ring. What other hazards have you seen?

Anyone going to this even tomorrow? Will be a fun fill day with plenty of recovery opportunities!

Guiding by, among others, this bozo.
70836189_10156121394072136_6581362087707017216_o.jpg

@Izzyandsue Going to be wet! You guys are going to have fun.

Well found a deal on marketplace and in the spirit of a new front end for the Tacoma going to go for the 2012-2015 “facelift” I’ll have to make something work since the new bumper I got since it is for the 2005-2011

AECF78C0-2041-4EEA-92C1-0AD7EFD1FEB5.jpeg

COMMUNITY SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Valvoline Palladium Grease, the moly fortified type that is hard to find as every NAPA store gets an allotment of 2 per year, is available at Oh, Oh, Oh, O'reillys on line for $5.99 for the 14oz tube. Buy 6 and its free shipping, hard to beat for those knuckle jobs or other applications.
Go to your local Caterpillar dealership and get a few tubes of Caterpillar Advanced 3Moly grease. Higher quality than Palladium and same 3 percent moly. They literally have pallets full of the stuff. Always in stock. It costs a buck or two more than Palladium, but that's what I use.

If you are super anal and really care about your grease and want to take things a step further, Cat Ultra5Moly is even better. 5% moly and is not a lithium-based grease, so it is impervious to fresh and salt water washout. It is a Calcium Sulfonate based grease. Again, a couple of dollars more per tube than the 3Moly.

Last edited:
John Deer carries it too, but was $7 per tube for the 3%. Palladium now have 5%, haven't seen it on the market yet but Valvoline advertised it. Not sure 5% will be that much better for our use.

I will be mixing some grease with 3-5% Overlandium, new element I invented, that will make your rig more desirable. Coming soon to Amazon.

Is fat.parts dead? The site has responding with an Apache error over the past couple weeks. I should call Adam (Phil is gone) and check but figured I’d ask here too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom