Old Truck for Old Guy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiserparts... I am sure many here had ordered from them. So I placed an orderTuesday, hoping to get stuff for the weekend, the told me they will not ship until Monday. This normal? Partsouq would have been cheaper and faster, so just wondering.

Last edited:
Even the flanges were bad? Dang!
Well, went to install it today, front flange is perfect, rear only matches 2 bolt holes. I am glad I took it the truck there and they did the matuning, don’t know what happen but hope they will do right by me. Will let you know.

Meanwhile...new rear hose finally in! This old one was really bad. Last brake hose, next will be front pads.

A489FD86-C789-464C-8758-3BEC8E30087F.jpeg

Thanks Al!

Got a chance to replace front brake pads, and found one side of the calipers are seized. Truck still brakes fine, but will replace the calipers soon. Also went out got 1/2” rubber mats to cover the rear floor, hope it helps dampen out some of the sound. 2 mats were enough to cover the whole, and the space under the seat.

BE816CA5-C2E0-47F5-88E6-15D09D538D60.jpeg
67B598DA-F44A-4569-9C36-90D9D5C155AA.jpeg
AE43DA8E-B67A-40F6-BA08-AF8E5F58D82E.jpeg

Got this bespoke one of a kind fog light switch for the old fogs I had. Another pull switch...still haven’t figured out what the one next to the cig lighter do...

1610494219317.jpeg

D8228CD3-935A-4514-8FEC-F9D79F16FA9F.jpeg

^^^. Looks like a steaming hot bowl of something.
How dare you! that’s a Ge-New-ine special expensive fog light pull switch, and the EZ GO golf cart company made it special for me!

I think he was referring to the ramen noodle 🍜 take ordering switch in the upper right.

....as opposed to the bidet switch in the lower left.

Last edited:
Went to Driveline this morning, they installed the shaft using smaller diameter bolts. Got it up on the lift and it done. Also a good opportunity to check more of the undercarriage.

Water flow... this is the connections I have now, and the heater seems pretty much useless. The pump has the "oil cooler line" connected directly to the heater control valve, and the return to the other port on the pump (on top of the lower rad hose port). Need to figure out the puny heater, wondering if both return and intake to the heater are connected to pump outlets and just dead heading. Any thoughts appreciated.

fj43 water diagram connections.png

The line that the control valve controls should come from an elbow fitting on the top rear driver side of the head. Not sure why yours is coming off the pump?

Front calipers...the top caliper bolt was upgraded to 1/2 bolt from 12mm. Why? Who knows....but that required enlarging the diameter of the caliper hole. I had forgotten I had an old drill press in the corner, so all I needed was a decent bit and some way to hold the caliper in place while drilling. Anyway, it worked and new calipers and pads installed.

1610819714940.jpeg
905CE45D-AC9B-445D-AA98-E5E6FAD479E9.jpeg
C225497A-090F-4833-AE9B-CAD7EAD7DE4B.jpeg
3B5F8029-3F21-411C-86A6-BB6BE8D4C7E0.jpeg

This is the hose for the PCV, the only hole that connects to the intake from the valve cover but had no valve. The fj40 grommet is way to large for the hole, so using a 5/8” coolant hose and splicing the valve in the middle to hopefully create the same effect. Otherwise the valve cover would just be open to the intake.

1610890475234.jpeg

Speedo. Got the parts from Cruiserparts today and Installed the speedo gear. Looks like all I had to do was install the gear shaft, none of the seals. Anyway, works nice now, all in Km but that’s not hard to translate, checked speed against gps speedo and all looks good.

1610923351603.jpeg

Were your parts right on the first go round?
Did I lose the bet?

Almost 2 weeks to ship, but all parts got here. Will they fit? Don’t know yet. The rear spring plate doesnt, it’s a lot smaller. So likely will take the old one out and machine a thread on it

Cruiserparts... I am sure many here had ordered from them. So I placed an orderTuesday, hoping to get stuff for the weekend, the told me they will not ship until Monday. This normal? Partsouq would have been cheaper and faster, so just wondering.

I use Partsouq for almost everything Toyota, probably 95%. If they do not have it, good luck finding it and it is almost always cheaper and gets here faster.

That is just plain hard to beat. I tried shopping in country but it was just too big a hassle. I get on Partsouq, order what I want, get it cheaper and faster, 99% of the time. No brainer. It's a world economy to anyone with a Keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom