OK WTF with the bezel thing!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seriously i have to know.Every single time someone posts a pic of a cruiser someone says the bezel is backwards,no not alot of the time EVERYTIME!! are you sure they dont go that way LOL!!

219392384_gNuUc-M.jpg

:grinpimp:

I had no clue either. Its the metal part that goes around your headlights. I believe it came from the factory with the thick part on the bottom, but one is supposed to flip it (thick part on top). This centers the "toyota" in the bezel. If you do a search, this comes up several times. What do I know though, Ive only had mine for 3 months. Nice pics on your build link!

Needs more cowbell. Now THAT is funny !!:cheers:

*right click - "save as" *

:D

And somewhere I've seen old pics of new FJs rolling off the boat, and a good portion of them had it upside down from the factory. Apparently that was the assembly line job for the new guys. :hmm:

Esthetically, it should go down, that's the way pictures are matted. but as mentioned, the TOYOTA badge on the grill is centered with the thick part up.

:beer:

bezel orientation

the bezel from the factory is and always has been thick side up...the early 62-63 fj's had 'Land Cruiser' stamped in that area...in post-64 there was no 'land cruiser' stamp...just the thick side up.

as soon as you take it off (headlight change) then put it back on...you forget which way it goes...and alot of people just dont even realize there is a thick and thin.

toyota centered on 64-onward

see pic:
top pic 62-63
bottom pic 64-onward
bezel 1.JPG
bezel 2.JPG

I had no clue either. Its the metal part that goes around your headlights. I believe it came from the factory with the thick part on the bottom, but one is supposed to flip it (thick part on top). This centers the "toyota" in the bezel. If you do a search, this comes up several times. What do I know though, Ive only had mine for 3 months. Nice pics on your build link!

The thick part is orientated at the top, as the earlier bezels (pre-1964)were stamped LAND CRUISER on the thick part....
Bezel01.jpg

:lol: :cheers: Good one.

He said heep, heh heh.

Dave, Dave, Dave.......that doesn't even look right:rolleyes:

Ed

sales department lit doesn't count...most cases the photos taken for photo shoots are previous years rigs that were overstock siting in a yard of rigs ...or...unsold at dealerships. :)

in a years time or even 2 years time...bezels come off ...and photogofers dont know the difference

soo i say they dont count :)

sales department lit doesn't count...most cases the photos taken for photo shoots are previous years rigs that were overstock siting in a yard of rigs ...or...unsold at dealerships. :)

in a years time or even 2 years time...bezels come off ...and photogofers dont know the difference

soo i say they dont count :)

Johnny, Johnny, my photo is from the 1964 factory service bulletin; first month that truck model came out. It MUST be correct! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom