Ok to buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don’t let them give you crap about a GX. It’s essentially an LC Prado (so yes a “real” LC) I’ve been given one as a loaner a few times and they are extremely nice and in many ways I think drive better than the big boy.

Honestly if I didn’t tow a 7000k camper all summer I would have a GX instead of my LX.

Don’t let them give you crap about a GX. It’s essentially an LC Prado (so yes a “real” LC) I’ve been given one as a loaner a few times and they are extremely nice and in many ways I think drive better than the big boy.

Honestly if I didn’t tow a 7000k camper all summer I would have a GX instead of my LX.

No one is giving him crap.
The GX and LC/LX are just two very different vehicles, and it is worth pointing out so that he (and others reading along) are fully aware of the difference in build and strength. Perhaps he already knows this. If so...great!

The FJ Cruiser was similarly based on the 4Runner platform. Did that make it a bad vehicle?
Nope.
But did the inclusion of the word “Cruiser” in its badge make it on par with an LC/LX?
Nope.

The difference between it and the LC/LX’s frame, strength and build is worth noting. Not good or “bad,” but a significant different prospective buyers should take into account. That be all... ;)

Last edited:
GX is dope. After this 200, I might build a GX. It’s smaller and the 4.7 v8 is pretty solid. I would love to fit in tighter trails just like my 4runner and taco buddies

Sorry people, shouldn’t have alluded to the GX built, didn’t mean to ignite another debate. It’s all proportional I’d say, smaller truck, less need for beefy steel. But if the GX has double box frame I’d be very happy. I’m just gonna have to crawl under more trucks.

By the way, speaking of double box frame, I remember the new F-150 was boasting this. How’s the frame strength of the F150 vs LC?

By the way, speaking of double box frame, I remember the new F-150 was boasting this. How’s the frame strength of the F150 vs LC?

Good question. I wonder too.

This is certainly not difinitive...but I looked up specs on the Expedition (built on an f150 frame). The LC weighs anywhere from 300lbs to almost 750lbs more than the 4x4 Expedition...even though the LC is anywhere from 9 to 19 inches SHORTER than the Expedition.

I strongly suspect the LC frame has a lot to do with this. Yes, the new Ford engine is a 3.5 V6...but losing two cylinders doesn’t account for that much weight.

I dunno.

Now I’m not up to date on Ford. But I think they are using a lot of aluminum these days. Aluminum vs steel could account for the weight.

The GXPoor60 is built to a lower cost, and the interior feels like it. I did consider it, but ultimately feel the 200 is worth the extra cost. It's well built and a logical comparison vehicle (Body on Frame, V8, 4lo, Lexus/Toyota) but a back to back test drive shows a huge difference in the way each vehicle rides and drives.

Last edited:
Now I’m not up to date on Ford. But I think they are using a lot of aluminum these days. Aluminum vs steel could account for the weight.

That’s a great point. :) Just checked and out they are using an aluminum body that cuts about 290lbs. Still...with the expedition’s significantly larger size, it’s interesting that the LC outweighs it anyway.

On the other hand, maybe that points to the 200’s age and structural tech from 11 years ago. 200 has been out since 2007. Guessing it’s gonna get lighter soon...?

Umm.....Land Cruiser built to aircraft spec? No, haha where did you hear that one?

Umm.....Land Cruiser built to aircraft spec? No, haha where did you hear that one?
There is a forum member on another Offroad/overland forum who’s an ex-military technician, he pointed out the wirings of the LC are done as in an airplane. I suppose the LX570 too.

Does this look unbalanced to you?? This GX460 Luxury with AHC, doesn’t seem to work. 2015 model, clean Carfax,

F1C4E8D7-C769-440C-899E-EE4F27414328.jpeg

Hard to tell.

But IMO it looks to me like somebody beat the nose of that thing with the ugly stick. I wouldn't be able to look at that in my garage every morning.

Guys, so after checking out the above white GX, I finally settled on a 2011 LX570, almost no rust, with cooler, Mark Levinson, black on black, 80k miles, very happy so far. Had some hard negotiation with thte dealer but walked out ok. Will post pic soon.

I finally settled on a 2011 LX570, almost no rust, with cooler, Mark Levinson, black on black, 80k miles, very happy so far. Had some hard negotiation with thte dealer but walked out ok. Will post pic soon.
Congrats on buying a proper machine. Long live the Land Cruiser.

Guys, so after checking out the above white GX, I finally settled on a 2011 LX570, almost no rust, with cooler, Mark Levinson, black on black, 80k miles, very happy so far. Had some hard negotiation with thte dealer but walked out ok. Will post pic soon.
Nice! Now add some King long travel suspension and 37” on. It’s gunna be dope. Photos when it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom