Oil pressure gauge reading unstable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I started noticing my oil pressure gauge complete dead about four months ago, took it to a trusted Toyota master technician, he replaced the solenoid sender, worked for a day went bad again, took it back, he completely cleaned out the instrument panel and cleaned the circuit board from minor corrosion and that did the trick. Fast forward fourth months, the needle is still working, but at times it may not be in the middle where it supposed to be, it sometimes drops to about 1/4, couple of times at the lowest point, but most of time it stays in about 1/8 below middle or a bit lower. I've never seen this before, as it has always been in the middle. Took it to mechanic and checked, everything is fine, any ides? Could this be the instrument mother board going bad??? I it worth it spending the money? I'm leaning not to, but I ate having a faulty oil pressure gauge.
Please advise.

Seems normal to me too. I think that's what the manual says as well.

you only need 10 psi for every 1k RPMs. at idle mine show just below the lowest line. at 800 RPM, it's about 12-15 psi. At highway driving, say 2200 RPM, I'm above half way on the gauge. my guess is that you are OK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom