Oil Filter P/N 90915-20004 -- Found Some (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There's another Toyota oil filter, 90915-TD004, that has correct threads (3/4"-16) and is the large size. Anyone know differences between this filter and 15600-41010??

That's good to know
Thanks

15600-41010’s are still available out of Japan from Dave Stedman (Japan4X4). I’ve got about 90 of those filters.

I think Cruiser Outfitters might have them too.

Either way looking at $30-35 each landed.

The filters are cheap. Japan shipping isn’t.

But these would be a decent substitute.

I just bought 10 for $67 (total) ; seems like a great deal?

Have some of the big ones myself; came with the truck and I’ve never used anything else. I recall someone saying the smaller ones might actually be better, but I don’t recall why. Any thoughts on that?

It's hard to see but the filter element in the 90915-20004 filter is not a typical zig-zag type. It's more like a structured foam material. Who knows if it's any better than the D3 filters you can get now.

IMG_20201126_185830532_HDR~2.jpg

15600-41010’s are still available out of Japan from Dave Stedman (Japan4X4). I’ve got about 90 of those filters.

I think Cruiser Outfitters might have them too.

Either way looking at $30-35 each landed.

The filters are cheap. Japan shipping isn’t.

But these would be a decent substitute.

Spoke with Dave a couple months ago. He is a great guy. Only has the Thai versions left from our conversation. Toyota Japan finally ran out, guess they were coasting on back stock and that finally dried up. There are some other options but @Onur is right, the shipping is what kills it.

Oh no, those are WAY passed their expiration date. You should send them to me so I can properly dispose of them ;)

nice score! It gives mehope when I see posts like this that I will come across some like this one day.

That's old packaging from the late 1980s. I have a case of 44011s just like those that I got in 1989.

Evening Mud :flipoff2:

With the 41010 being nla, the yzzd3 being Mr T new spec for our 1fz's, and the 20004 seeming popular and the 15601-44011 being an additional candidate as well as motor craft and mobil1 filters being mentioned (BillyGoat is a Mr T fanboy) a few years have passed (bump :hillbilly:) what say you?

I have ran the yzzd3 in the 1fz (can't find Japan yzzd3 if they ever made it, Thailand seems ok and I'm off the wix fix) for years with fantastic Blackstone reports, with my head gasket job turning into a complete refresh and plans to build a new 1fz (just because I'm wired that way) I want to ensure I'm doing my best taking care of her, should I look at a different filter besides the yzzd3 and should I be short changing it?

Pre 1fz refresh I was running Chevron delo 400 15w-40 (limited oil burn), Blackstone was suggesting 7500-10k oil changed on a yzzd3 filter.

Since the 1fz refresh I run Lucas 10w-30, almost zero oil bern (so great), again I want to know I'm running the best protection.

Whatever the best Mr T 1fz filter I can get is I want to stock up, lifetime supply and not look back. I do love sourcing Unobtanium thought and just landed a couple 105 charcoal canisters. The oil filter subject on mud seems to have never been settled.

Is there a definitive choice? Those Mr T white lab coat folks chose the yzzd3, are we beating a dead horse? If the yzzd3 sucked wouldn't my Blackstone reports look questionable?

Rock on Mud :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom