Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cheapest new 8274 bumper is the one from JTOutfitters. They have an ebay store and a brick and mortar shop here in NC. It is a plain C channel bumper with a winch plate welded to it. Buy it and pick it up yourself (Walnut Cove, NC) to save shipping. Plenty of pics in the 40 forum. That being said, I don't have one of those bumpers myself, so I cannot say if it is a good one or not. It is an inexpensive option though.

not bad on the bumper for the price. Also looking for the fairlead to go with it. JT’s is pricey.
thanks for the link.
my little camping trip was in Walnut Cove back in June.

O4 coming up in October. Pacific blue metallic. 204k. Please pass along. Thank you.

looking for a couple FZJ80 rims.

4 Geolanders and wheels $300 PM me if interested

67666019_2607978239233051_1150696651417976832_n.jpg

67965814_2607978175899724_2918160450606596096_n.jpg

How wide are those rims?

Rims are 8.5"-9" wide

285/75/16 tires

Possible feeler here...may have an opportunity to pick up a new vehicle that better suits my current life needs. Would anyone local-ish be interested in my truck? Details below.

2003 Lexus LX470 - Title in hand
Originally from GA, bought in 2016 at 162k miles
Dealer records every ~5k miles up to 162k miles. Personal records/receipts since then
Currently at 221k miles
Galactic Grey Mica over beige interior. No DVD, no nightview.
TB (and every other related component) replaced at 183k --> good to 273k
POR-15 on underside. Have pics from before coating. No rust
WKOR sliders that are <1 year old
33" K02 tires
Retrofitted Acura TSX HID projectors with Morimoto components --> fantastic headlights with great beam pattern, brightness and vastly improves visibility over crappy stock projectors.
AHC is in great shape and is in spec. Have maintained and ensured pressures are in spec since ownership.

Truck has a couple of knicks and scratches on it given it's age but it shows very well.

iwX%JEDpTOy%btY394IagQ.jpg

Build Thread here: Builds - Hokie's LX470 Build

I've taken meticulous care of this truck and wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. I've completed more 1,000mi+ trips in it than I can count on both hands and have never had an issue. Many of you have seen it at various meet ups and events. It's a clean truck and it was meant to be my forever truck, but as we all know, needs change and thus here we are.

Last edited:
Got some bikes for sale. No idea on price so starting at $100 each. Club members get better pricing, 2 are kids bikes with 24 inch wheels and 1 is adult small diamond back on 26 inch wheels. Bikes in Raleigh.

A6C59790-D925-4305-BE44-75FCD11F2EED.jpeg

C818BD62-6503-4BAD-89E2-8F6799A29167.jpeg

4317CCBD-6561-40B4-86CB-AE52A5A25196.jpeg

B9AFDF63-5A75-4979-A437-DC4780FDAE25.jpeg

Offering for sale again...I’ve had some soft offers but it’s time for me to let it go and be used instead of sitting around...

Last time I used it was mooching off Marshall at the Overland Expo East ‘16 at the Biltmore, enjoying the edge of the hurricane Matthew passing thru Sat night, where the trailer & RTT faired well. It survived the bit of weather we had go thru here, it is only lived it’s life exposed to the elements and surprisingly, faired well.

Here it sits today after I gave it a good rinse off with my little electric power washer, frankly amazed that the Camping Labs RTT cover is still water tight and no intrusion from Isaias nor the power washer. All zippers work on RTT, trailer lights work (I towed it down with my Ram filled with camping gear and ...) it’s rough but functional, can be used today (with a battery and/or solar) or give it a rattle can paint job (I know, that extremely offensive FJC yellow is a huge issue, trust me, I know, I’ve been told) or refurbish it by re-skinning with lighter gauge aluminum (easier to make a tighter fit than I achieved with 14g steel) and re-condition the bedwood, or use it as a solid utility trailer for your bikes/kayaks/etc.

I’ll take any reasonable offer, $2500 OBO, will consider trades (things that go pew, vintage enduros/motorcycles)...truth is I need the space. Beach life has it’s pleasures and they come with restrictions, space is of high value and something I don’t have a lot of anymore. Come take it for a test drive at the beach, just take it...

44EB7AC6-A284-4E78-AD4C-8C4B2B8DDF5D.jpeg

10489551-CD17-4344-A263-0A5B274DB5CA.jpeg

527C0630-176A-48A2-87D5-5FF5EF6B0748.jpeg

B33F4C1A-5E9F-493A-B9EB-63D30F43BCEC.jpeg

B88CBD89-BBCB-4330-B7FD-22A7B93F1D3D.jpeg

Last edited:
We are moving to 1 vehicle for a while, due to lots of factors.

With that . . I am prep'ing the Tacoma for sale. :(

Will post more later, but once it is ready, I may not have a ton of time to wait for club members to think about it, so wanted to post a "coming soon" here.

It is VERY clean underneath and inside/outside. Local to NC and SW VA truck.

Key stats:

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD Limited TRD Off Road
<134K current miles

@ ~ 125-132K Miles:
  • Bilstein 6112 Front Suspension @ ~1.7" lift
  • Old Man Emu CS046RA/B - Rear Springs
  • Toytec Boss Rear Shocks
  • 4Runner 5-star wheels
  • 32" 265/75R16 KO2's w/ <5k miles
  • ARE Topper
  • Front Runner topper rack
  • Sound deadening/insulation in cab
  • Weld on Sliders from Stubbs Welding
  • Timing Belt, Water Pump, Spark Plugs, Valve Cover Seals, Diffs Oil, Xfer Case Oil, All fluids
I also have a full skid plate system in ALU from Bud Built that would be ~$800

Price is in the $16-18K range.

Pics etc are on my "build" thread in sig below.

Anyone out there have a surfboard for sale? 7.5 to 9 ft? Fun board. Nothing crazy - like $200 to $300. Or trade for a Barbour Beaufort Coat.

Thanks.

Need to buy: Fuel injector or two for a 1997 land cruiser. I am saying this in my head and in writing:

I will get Comet (my ‘97 80 series) back on the road this year.

Offering for sale again...I’ve had some soft offers but it’s time for me to let it go and be used instead of sitting around...

Last time I used it was mooching off Marshall at the Overland Expo East ‘16 at the Biltmore, enjoying the edge of the hurricane Matthew passing thru Sat night, where the trailer & RTT faired well. It survived the bit of weather we had go thru here, it is only lived it’s life exposed to the elements and surprisingly, faired well.

Here it sits today after I gave it a good rinse off with my little electric power washer, frankly amazed that the Camping Labs RTT cover is still water tight and no intrusion from Isaias nor the power washer. All zippers work on RTT, trailer lights work (I towed it down with my Ram filled with camping gear and ...) it’s rough but functional, can be used today (with a battery and/or solar) or give it a rattle can paint job (I know, that extremely offensive FJC yellow is a huge issue, trust me, I know, I’ve been told) or refurbish it by re-skinning with lighter gauge aluminum (easier to make a tighter fit than I achieved with 14g steel) and re-condition the bedwood, or use it as a solid utility trailer for your bikes/kayaks/etc.

I’ll take any reasonable offer, $2500 OBO, will consider trades (things that go pew, vintage enduros/motorcycles)...truth is I need the space. Beach life has it’s pleasures and they come with restrictions, space is of high value and something I don’t have a lot of anymore. Come take it for a test drive at the beach, just take it...

View attachment 2399599
View attachment 2399600

View attachment 2399603

View attachment 2399601

View attachment 2399602
@Mtbcoach Sent you a PM. No laughing. Haha.

Need to buy: Fuel injector or two for a 1997 land cruiser. I am saying this in my head and in writing:

I will get Comet (my ‘97 80 series) back on the road this year.

I sent my injectors off for clean and reclibration. A couple of weeks after getting the truck back on the road, one of the injectors died. I bought one of these on Amazon. It is an actual Denso injector and not a knock-off part. It is working well.

Amazon product ASIN B07T2DHQ5D

SOLD
A343 Transmission ('96-'97) - $200
This came with the engine listed above, so the mileage on it is around low 200K range. I have no idea if the transmission is in good working order or not. It was taken out of the previous owners truck because he was doing an LS swap. The fluid in the transmission is clean and red. I also have the torque converter and it will be included with the transmission.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a FJ60 fuse box cover they're willing to part with? Prefer that it has a legible label on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom