Official Keystone RC thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20180627_221943.jpg

Phase 1 begins.

There are some very cool looking RC's out there.

Phase two: Spend three times as much on upgrades.

I'm going the buy once cry once route. I have quite a few upgrades and, what I deem, critical spares in various shopping carts.

@Crusha what have you found to be the weak links in the TRX that I should have as ready spares?

I'm thinking portal gears and stub shafts, drive shafts, suspension links, rod ends and motor spur gear. I am also getting a Hilux lexan basher body and rear cage.

I thaught the TRX4 was RTR.
It's cool that it is not half the fun is assembly!

I thaught the TRX4 was RTR.
It's cool that it is not half the fun is assembly!
It's a fairly recent option and saves $100+.
I wanted to do the kit because I wanted to see how it all went together and worked. That way when it breaker, I'll be familiar with it.

It's a fairly recent option and saves $100+.
I wanted to do the kit because I wanted to see how it all went together and worked. That way when it breaker, I'll be familiar with it.

I've had a couple of Kits and a couple of RTRs when I was younger. I liked the Kits. It taught me a lot about cars and how they work/perform.

I may be able to afford a TRX4 in kit form.

Just went through the whole thread, kinda caught the bug thanks to Crusha, Andy, and Aaron at CMCC. Stump curious to see how you’re build goes going and will be following along.

@Stumpalama whats the progress tonight?
No pics, as I left my phone downstairs and was too lazy to go get it. But I assembled the diffs and 90% of the front and rear axles. I am waiting for the brass portal covers to show up to finish them up.
I read that the TRX can really benefit from additional unsprung weight down low when crawling. I am going with the Vaterra cage bed in the rear, so that should also lower the CG.
I will endeavour to take more pictures since the mechanicals on this thing are pretty intricate.
All the gears are metal and heavy duty. I can see why people are raving about the durability of the TRX.

Nice @Stumpalama that you went with the kit. Definitely get a better understanding of it. Can't wait to see your final build!

Nice @Stumpalama that you went with the kit. Definitely get a better understanding of it. Can't wait to see your final build!
Well, I hope it lives up to expectations...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom